Design of farmland gis for precision agriculture
Precision Agriculture, also known as Precision Farming, or Prescription Farming, is a modern agriculture technolgy system, which brings “precision” into agriculture system. All concepts of Precision Agriculture are established on the collection and management of variable cropland information. As the tool of collecting, managing and analyzing spatial data, GIS is the key technology of integrated Precision Agriculture system. This article puts forward the concept of Farmland GIS and designs Farmland GIS into five modules, and specifies the functions of the each module, which builds the foundation for practical development of the software. The study and development of Farmland GIS will propel the spreading of Precision Agriculture technology in China.
Key wordsPrecision Agriculture Farmland GIS site-specifi crop management prescription map
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- PIAO Xian-shu et al., 1999. Precision Agriculture—A new management technology of agricultural production[J]. Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery, 30(5): 112–116. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- QI Pu-sheng, 1998. Summary of the technological system and implementation of Precision Agriculture[J]. Journal of Agricultural University of Hebei, 21(4): 81–85. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- USERY E L, POCKNEE S, BOYDELL B, 1995. Precision farming data management using geographic information systems[J]. Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 61(11): 1383–1391.Google Scholar
- YU Ge-nong, ZHOU Yong, 1999. Precision Agriculture and action countermeasure of China[J]. Journal of Natural Resources, 12(4): 69–74. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- ZHANG Bai, 2000. The basic analysis and design of developing Precision Farming in China[J]. Scientia Geographica Sinica, 20(2): 110–114. (in Chinese)Google Scholar