A gain-varying UIO approach with adaptive threshold for FDI of nonlinear F16 systems
- 79 Downloads
A discrete gain-varying unknown input observer (UIO) method is presented for actuator fault detection and isolation (FDI) problems in this paper. A novel residual scheme together with a moving horizon threshold is proposed. This design methodology is applied to a nonlinear F16 system with polynomial aerodynamics coefficient expressions, where the coefficient expressions for the F16 system and UIOs may be slightly different. The simulation results illustrate that a satisfactory FDI performance can be achieved even when the F16 system is under the environment of model uncertainties, exogenous noise and measurement errors.
KeywordsFault detection and isolation (FDI) Unknown input observer (UIO) Nonlinear estimation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. A. Morelli. Global nonlinear parametric modeling with application to F-16 aerodynamics[C]//Proceedings of American Control Conference. New York: IEEE, 1998: 997–1001.Google Scholar
- B. L. Stevens, F. L. Lewis. Aircraft Control and Simulation[M]. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2003.Google Scholar
- F. L. Lewis, L. Xie, D. Popa. Optimal and Robust Estimation with An Introduction to Stochastic Control Theory[M]. 2nd ed. Oxford: Taylor & Francis, 2007.Google Scholar
- F. Amato, M. Mattei. Design of full-order unknown input observers with H∞ performance[C]//Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications. New York: IEEE, 2002: 74–75.Google Scholar
- J. Chen, R. J. Patton. Robust Model-based Fault Diagnosis for Dynamic Systems[M]. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1999.Google Scholar
- L. Sonneveldt. Nonlinear F-16 Model Description[R]. Software manual. The Netherlands: Delft University of Technology, 2006.Google Scholar
- L. T. Nguyen, M. E. Ogburn, W. P. Gilbert, et al. Simulator Study of Stall/Post Stall Characteristics of Fighter Airplane with Relaxed Longitudinal Stability[R]. NASA, 1979.Google Scholar
- J. Xu, K. Y. Lum, A. P. Loh. A Discrete Gain-varying UIO Approach for FDI of UAV Systems[R]. Technical Report TL/CG/2009/003. Singapore: Temasek laboratories, National University of Singapore, 2009.Google Scholar
- P. A. Parrilo. Structured Semidefinite Programs and Semialgebraic Geometry Methods in Robustness and Optimization[D]. Ph.D. thesis. Pasadena: California Institute of Technology, 2000.Google Scholar
- A. Saltelli, K. Chan, E. M. Scott (Eds.). Sensitivity Analysis (Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics)[M]. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000.Google Scholar
- R. Durrentt. Probability: Theory and Examples[M]. Pacific Grove, CA: Duxbury Press, 2005.Google Scholar