A fast novel algorithm for salt and pepper image noise cancellation using cardinal B-splines
- 486 Downloads
This paper discusses a novel algorithm for salt and pepper image noise cancelation using cardinal B-splines. The purpose of this paper is to present an analysis and application of cardinal B-splines for image noise cancellation. To apply the cardinal B-splines, one should analyze the different properties of the cardinal B-spline. Here we make use of the interpolation property and compact support of the cardinal B-splines. There are various assumptions and conditions that are considered while applying the cardinal B-splines for noise removal. The result of denoising the images affected up to 95 % of the salt and pepper noise has been shown. The results of proposed method are being compared with the other existing methods, and the comparison shows the better performance of our method.
KeywordsCardinal B-splines Salt and pepper noise Image denoising
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Michael U.: Splines: a perfect fit for signal and image processing. IEEE Signal Process. Mag. 16(6), 24–38 (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Jaiswal, T., Siddavatam, R.: Image noise cancellation by lifting filter using second generation wavelets. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication and Computing, pp. 667–671. Kerala, India, 27–28 Oct. (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Siddavatam, R., Sandeep, K., Mittal, R.K.: A fast progressive image sampling using lifting scheme and non-uniform B-Splines. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics ISIE-07, pp. 1645–1650. Vigo, Spain, 4–7 June (2007)Google Scholar
- 17.Jayasree P.S., Kumar P., Siddavatam R., Ravi kant V.: Salt-and-pepper noise removal by adaptive median-based lifting filter using second-generation wavelets. Springer J. Signal Image Video Process. 5(2), 1–8 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Ognyan K.: Multivariate Polysplines: Applications to Numerical and Wavelet Analysis. Academic Press, London (2001)Google Scholar
- 20.Bartels R.H., Beatty J.C., Barsky B.A.: An Introduction to Splines for Use in Computer Graphics and Geometry Modelling. Morgan Kaufmann, Los Altos (1987)Google Scholar
- 22.Gonzalez R.C., Woods R.E.: Digital Image Processing. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2006)Google Scholar
- 26.Prasad L., Iyengar S.S.: Wavelet Analysis with Application to Image Processing. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1997)Google Scholar