Approximate realization of digital fractional forward operator using digital IIR filter
- 170 Downloads
In this paper, a simple and an efficient approach for approximating the digital fractional forward operator z m (0 < m < 1) using digital infinite impulse response (IIR) filter is proposed. In this method, the coefficients of the closed form digital IIR filter derived for the approximation of the fractional forward operator, in a given frequency band, are based on approximation of fractional order systems. First, analog rational function approximation, in a given frequency band, of the fractional power zero (FPZ) is given. Then, the forward difference generating function is used to obtain a closed form IIR digital filter equivalent of the continuous FPZ, which approximates the digital fractional forward operator. Finally, illustrative examples have been presented to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed design technique of the fractional forward operator z m approximation and its use in performing a fractional m-step prediction.
KeywordsDigital IIR filter Forward difference transformation Fractional forward operator Fractional power zero
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Murphy, P., Krukowski, A., Tarczynski, A.: An efficient fractional sampler delayer for digital beam steering. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 2245–2248. Munich, Germany, April 21–24 (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Vesma, J., Saramiki, T.: Interpolation filters with arbitrary frequency response for all-digital receivers. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits Systems, pp. 568–571. Atlanta, GA, USA, May 12–15 (1996)Google Scholar
- 4.Olsson, M., Johansson H., Lowenborg, P. : Delay Estimation using adjustable fractional delay all-pass filters. In: Proceedings of 7th Nordic Signal Processing Symposium, pp. 346–349. Reykjavík, Iceland, June 7–9 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Välimäki, V., Lehtonen, H-M., Laakso, T.I.: Musical signal analysis using fractional delay inverse comb filters. In: Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects, pp. 261–268. Bordeaux, France, September 10–15 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Bensouici, T., Charef, A.: Digital IIR fractional delay filter used in analog-to-digital conversion. In: Proceedings of 4th International IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications, Badajoz, Spain, October 18–20 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Bensouici, T., Charef, A., Abdelliche, F.: Digital IIR Filter Approximation of the Fractional Delay Operator. In: Proceedings of 7th International IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals and Devices, pp. 1–6. Amman, Jordan, June 27–29 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Proakis J.G., Manolakis D.G.: Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithms, and Applications, 3rd edn. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1996)Google Scholar
- 14.Petras I., Podlubny I., O’Leary P., Dorcak I., Vinagre B.M.: Analogue Realization of Fractional Order Controllers. TU Kosice, Fakulta Berg (2002)Google Scholar
- 15.Sabatier, J. et al. (eds.): Advances in Fractional Calculus: Theoretical Development and Applications in Physics and Engineering. Springer, The Netherlands (2007)Google Scholar
- 19.Ogata K.: Discrete-Time Control Systems. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1987)Google Scholar