A robust blind watermarking method using quantization of distance between wavelet coefficients
- First Online:
In this paper, we propose a robust blind watermarking algorithm based on quantization of distance among wavelet coefficients for copyright protection. We divide wavelet coefficients into some blocks and obtain the first, second, and third maximum coefficients in each block. Then, we quantize the first and second maximum coefficients according to binary watermark bits. Using the block-based watermarking, we can extract the watermark without using the original image or watermark. The algorithm as a watermarking system has appropriate performance due to imperceptibility. In addition, experimental results also show that the proposed method is quite robust under either non-geometry or geometry attacks.
KeywordsWatermarking Copyright protection Wavelet coefficient Quantization Geometric attack Non-geometric attack
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Cox, I.J., Kilian, J., Leighton, F.T., Shamoon, T.: Secure spread spectrum watermarking for images, audio and video. In: Proceedings of the IEEE ICIP, Lausanne, Vol. 6, pp. 243–246 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, E., Liang, H., Niu, X.: An integer wavelet based multiple logo watermarking scheme. In: Proceedings of the IEEE WCICA, pp. 10256–10260 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Lien, B.K., Lin, W.H.: A watermarking method based on maximum distance wavelet tree quantization. In 19th Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, pp. 269–276 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Lin W.H., Horng S.J., Kao T.W., Fan P., Lee C.L., Pan Y.: A wavelet-tree-based watermarking method using distance vector of binary cluster. J. Expert Syst. Appl. 36(13), 9869–9878 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang, W.M., Jin, Z.: Watermarking algorithm based on wavelet and cosine transform for color image. in: IEEE International Conference on First International Workshop on Education Technology and Computer Science, pp. 899–903 (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Hu, Y., Liu, W., Deng, Y.: Readable watermarking algorithm based on wavelet tree quantization. In: Proceedings on IEEE ICCCAS, pp. 579–583 (2004)Google Scholar
- 15.USC.SIPI-The USC-SIPI. Image database. [online] http://sipi.usc.edu/services/database/Datababse.html. (2008)