A 2-D recursive inverse adaptive algorithm
- 297 Downloads
In this paper, a 2-D form of the recently proposed recursive inverse (RI) adaptive algorithm is introduced. The filter coefficients can be updated along both the horizontal and vertical directions on a 2-D plane. The proposed approach uses a variable step size and avoids the use of the inverse autocorrelation matrix in the coefficient update equation, which leads to an improved and more stable performance. Performance of the 2-D RI algorithm is compared to that of the 2-D RLS algorithm in an image deconvolution and an adaptive line enhancer problem settings. The simulation results show that the proposed 2-D RI algorithm leads to an improved performance compared to that of the 2-D RLS algorithm.
Keywords2-D RLS RI algorithm Image deconvolution ALE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jenkins, W.K., Faust, R.P.: A constrained two-dimensional adaptive digital filter with reduced computational complexity. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 2655–2658. (1988)Google Scholar
- 3.Ohki, M., Hashiguchi, S.: Two-dimensional LMS adaptive filters. Technical Digest of Korea–Japan Joint Symposium on Information Display, pp. 46–51. (1990)Google Scholar
- 4.Muneyasu M., Uemoto E., Hinamoto T.: A novel 2-D adaptive filter based on the 1-D RLS algorithm. Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst. 4, 2317–2320 (1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Haykin S.: Adaptive Filter Theory. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Glentis, G.O., Berberidis, K., Theodoridis, S.: Efficient least squares adaptive algorithms for FIR transversal filtering. IEEE Signal Process. Mag., 13–41 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Ahmad, M.S., Kukrer, O., Hocanin, A.: Recursive inverse adaptive filtering algorithm. Elsevier J. Digit. Signal Process. (in press)Google Scholar
- 10.Ahmad, M.S., Kukrer, O., Hocanin, A.: An efficient recursive inverse adaptive filtering algorithm for channel equalization. In: European Wireless Conference (EW), pp. 88–92. (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Soni, R.A., Jenkins, W.K.: Projection algorithms for two-dimensional adaptive filtering applications. In: Conference Record of the Thirty-First Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems & Computers, vol. 1, pp. 333–337. (1997)Google Scholar