More than a Mockup
A functional design of production facilities and its time or cost-optimal realization is only possible by support of all experts, which are involved within development of this facility. Typically, such planning is done nowadays by means of virtual commissioning. This leads often to large amount of data, which needs to be exchanged between several companies and lastly heterogeneous engineering tools. Currently there are two main obstacles within exchange of data. Firstly, the actual available tools usually consider only a part of the data needed for the overall process and secondly the consistency of the data cannot be guaranteed. This paper presents an innovative approach seeking to improve interdisciplinary and cross-company collaboration planning as well as product-related virtual optimization of automated production systems. Required data exchange will be handled by a development kit, which can be used to extend existing software to support the developed system.
KeywordsSmartComponent Virtual commissioning AutomationML Cross-platform collaboration Digital Mockup
The research and development project “conexing” is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) within the Framework Concept “Research for Tomorrow’s Production” and managed by the Project Management Agency Karlsruhe (PTKA). The author is responsible for the contents of this publication.
- 1.Arnaud R, Barnes MC (2006) Collada: sailing the Gulf of 3d digital content creation. AK Peters Ltd, USAGoogle Scholar
- 2.AutomationML e.V. (2013) AutomationML Whitepaper Part 1—AutomationML Architecture. Tech. rep., AutomationML e.VGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bartelt M, Schyja A, Kuhlenkötter B, Benkner T (2013) Konzept und Möglichkeiten der virtuellen Anlagenplanung. Prod Manag 3:31–33Google Scholar
- 4.Blochwitz T et al (2011) The functional mockup interface for tool independent exchange of simulation models. In: Clauss C (ed) Proceedings of the 8th international modelica conference, Linköping University Electronic Press. doi: 10.3384/ecp11063105
- 5.Fedai M, Epple U, Drath R, Fay A (2003) A metamodel for generic data exchange between various cae systems. In: Proceedings of 4th mathmod conference, pp 1247–1256Google Scholar
- 6.PLCopen (2009) Technical paper PLCopen technical committee 6: XML formats for IEC 61131-3. Tech. rep, PLCopenGoogle Scholar
- 7.RRS-Owners (1991) Realistic robot simulation interface specification, version 1.3. Tech. rep., Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionsanlagen und Konstruktionstechnik (IPK), BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 8.Schyja A, Kuhlenkötter B, Hypki A (2012) A modular and extensible framework for real and virtual bin-picking environments. In: International conference on robotics and automation, IEEE international conference on robotics and automation (ICRA), pp 5246–5251. doi: 10.1109/ICRA.2012.6224875