Effect of tuina exercise on simple obesity in college students
- 8 Downloads
To observe the effect of tuina exercise on simple obesity in college students.
Fifty-seven college students with simple obesity were divided into two groups according to the stratified randomization method. Twenty-eight in the tuina exercise group were trained in tuina exercise; while 29 in the auricular acupoint sticking group were treated with acuricular acupoint sticking. The tuina exercise group was trained once every other day, and 10 times made one course. The auricular acupoint sticking was replaced once every 4 d, and 5 times made one course. After 2-course treatment, the total therapeutic effect, weight, body mass index (BMI), waist and hip circumferences, serum total cholesterol (TC), triglyceride (TG), high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) were assessed.
The total therapeutic effect was 86.2% in the auricular acupoint sticking group and 85.7% in the tuina exercise group. There was no significant difference between the two groups (P>0.05). After treatment, the weight, BMI, waist and hip circumferences were decreased and the differences were statistically significant (all P<0.05). The waist and hip circumferences in the tuina exercise group were lower than those in the auricular acupoint sticking group, showing statistically significant differences (all P<0.05). After treatment, there were no significant intra-group differences in TC, TG, HDL-C and LDL-C in the two groups (all P>0.05), and the between-group differences were not significant (all P>0.05).
Tuina exercise has reliable effect in treating obesity. It can produce more significant improvements in waist and hip circumferences than auricular acupoint sticking. But no obvious effect is shown in blood lipid indicators.
KeywordsTuina Physical and Breathing Exercises Shaolin Neigong Yi Jin Jing Auricular Acupoint Sticking Obesity Body Mass Index Lipids
将57例大学生单纯性肥胖症患者按照分层随机法分成两组, 推拿功法组28例进行推拿功法训练, 耳穴贴压组29例接受耳穴贴压治疗。推拿功法组隔日治 疗1次, 10次为1个疗程; 耳穴贴压组4 d更换1次, 5次为1个疗程。治疗2个疗程后比较两组总有效率及患者的体重、身体质量指数(BMI)、腰围、臀围和血清总胆固醇(TC)、三酰甘油(TG)、高密度脂蛋白(HDL-C)和低密度脂蛋白(LDL-C) 的变化。
耳穴贴压组总有效率为86.2%, 推拿功法组总有效率为85.7%, 两组差异无统计学意义(P>0.05)。治疗后, 两组患者的体重、BMI、腰围和臀围均较治疗前明显下降(均P<0.05); 推拿功法组治疗前后腰围、臀围 差值与耳穴贴压组有统计学差异(均P<0.05)。治疗后, 两组患者TC、TG、HDL-C和LDL-C与同组治疗前差异均无统 计学意义(均P>0.05), 组间差异亦无统计学意义(均P>0.05)。
关键词推拿 导引 少林内功 易筋经 耳穴贴压 肥胖 身体质量指数 脂类
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by Science and Technology Plan Project of Hebei Provincial Department of Science and Technology ( 河北省科技厅科技计划项目, No. 16277704D).
- Jiang JZ, Yi YL, Gong MR, Liu ZC. Clinical efficacy of electroacupuncture at different frequencies in the treatment of simple obesity. Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Xuekan, 2010, 28(6): 1238–1239.Google Scholar
- Yang JJ, Xing HJ, Wang SJ, Xiao HL, Li M. Effects of acupuncture combined with diet adjustment and aerobic exercise on BMI and blood lipid levels in patients with simple obesity. Shizhen Guoyi Guoyao, 2010, 21(9): 2367–2369.Google Scholar
- Wei BH, Jia BP. Diagnosis and efficacy evaluation criteria of simple obesity. Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi, 1998, 18(5): 317–319.Google Scholar
- Lü LJ. Exercise and Techniques of Tuina. Beijing: China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2016: 68–110.Google Scholar
- Sun BY, Zhang B, Lin ZJ, Li LY, Wang HP, Zhu CS, Wang XJ, Niu HJ. Recent progress of abdominal obesity. Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Xuekan, 2015, 33(1): 80–83.Google Scholar
- Yu SR, Shu Q, Wang P, Jian H. The formation mechanism and regulation of obesity and dampness syndrome. Liaoning Zhongyi Zazhi, 2017, 44(12): 2547–2548.Google Scholar
- Li MM, Ni JX, Wang J, Fang X, Su BY, Wu XN. Clinical observation of catgut-embedding therapy based on respiration-induced reinforcing and reducing for treatment of simple obesity with spleen deficiency and dampness retention. Guangzhou Zhongyiyao Daxue Xuebao, 2017, 34(4): 534–538.Google Scholar
- Li DK. Controlled study of warm needling therapy and electroacupuncture on simple obesity of spleen deficiency type. Zhongguo Zhongyi Jichu Yixue Zazhi, 2015, 21(5): 584–585.Google Scholar
- Wu YC, Wei QB. Clinical research of Shaolin Neigong on the psychological and physiological state of re-diabetes. Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Zazhi, 2015, 30(9): 3392–3394.Google Scholar
- Qian LF, Yao Q, Zhu GF. Effect of channel points massage combined with Yijinjing exercising on chronic fatigue syndrome with sleep disorder. Zhonghua Quanke Yixue, 2016, 14(11): 1886–1888, 1951.Google Scholar
- Wang HJ, Lü XL. Influence of Yi Jin Jing practice on body composition of obesity university students. Tiyu Chengren Jiaoyu Xuekan, 2015, 31(6): 64–66.Google Scholar
- Zhang Jian, Zhao Min, Shi Jianping. Influence of health qigong Yi Jin Jing on sub-health of neck fatigue in college students. Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Zazhi, 2015, 30(7): 2357–2359.Google Scholar
- Li YZ, Gu F, Zhou C, Ji DJ. Professor Cao Renfa’s views on exercises in cervical spondylosis. Shizhen Guoyi Guoyao, 2016, 27(4): 980–989.Google Scholar
- Wen SZ, Mo JQ, Liu Y, Zhan YH, Ren JL. Effect of eightsectioned exercise based on TCM theory on blood lipids and physiological function in college students. Hunan Zhongyi Zazhi, 2016, 32(12): 10–12, 22.Google Scholar
- Liu XD, Jin HZ. Effect of fitness qigong (Yi Jin Jing) on blood lipid and free radical metabolism of the elder women. Zhonghua Zhongyiyao Zazhi, 2010, 25(9): 1480–1482.Google Scholar
- Sun DY, Sun LH, Liang YL, Zhang SY, Xiao HL, Wu ZQ, Li WL, Li XH, Ma HL. Effect of electroacupuncture on lipid metabolism in male and female obesity rats. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu, 2012, 37(3): 206–210.Google Scholar
- Li CK, Dai HB, Xu M, Li X. Effects of health qigong and new skills on the middle and old aged people’s blood lipid. Chengdu Tiyu Xueyuan Xuebao, 2013, 39(9): 62–66.Google Scholar
- Wang L, Zhao BX, Zhou LQ. Review on the clinical research progress of auricular acupuncture points in treating obesity from 2005 to 2009. Huanqiu Zhongyiyao, 2010, 3(5): 388–391.Google Scholar
- Xue DQ, Su CX, Kang DQ, Yue SJ. Effect of auricular pressure therapy for simple obesity in adult: a metaanalysis. Zhongguo Xunzheng Yixue Zazhi, 2015, 15(10): 1182–1189.Google Scholar