Relating the Political to the Ethical: Thoughts on Early Confucian Political Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
I wish to thank Eric L. Hutton and Philip J. Ivanhoe for numerous discussions on this article and El Amine’s book more generally. In addition, the participants of the “Author Meets Critics” panel dedicated to El Amine’s book at the American Philosophical Association Pacific Division Meeting in 2017 as well as the anonymous reviewers for Dao provided a range of suggestions and constructive criticisms that allowed me to more clearly refine the points that I have attempted to make here. I am very grateful for this assistance.
- Harris, Eirik Lang. 2013. “Han Fei on the Problem of Morality.” In Dao Companion to the Philosophy of H an Fei, edited by P. R. Goldin. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- ______. 2016. “Xunzi’s Political Philosophy.” In Dao Companion to the Philosophy of Xunzi, edited by E. L. Hutton. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Hui, Jixing 惠吉星. 1996. Xunzi and Chinese Culture 荀子與中國文化. Guiyang 貴陽: Guizhou Renmin Chubanshe 貴州人民出版社.Google Scholar
- Hutton, Eric L., trans. 2014. Xunzi: The Complete Text. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Wei, Zhengtong 韋政通. 1992. Xunzi and Ancient Philosophy 荀子與古代哲學. 2nd ed. Taipei 台北: Taiwan Shangwu Yinshuguan 台灣商務印書館.Google Scholar