Wind-induced vibration control of Hefei TV tower with fluid viscous damper
- First Online:
- 74 Downloads
The Hefei TV tower is taken as an analytical case to examine the control method with a fluid viscous damper under wind load fluctuation. Firstly, according to the random vibration theory, the effect of fluctuating wind on the tower can be modeled as a 19-dimensional correlated random process, and the wind-induced vibration analysis of the tower subjected to dynamic wind load was further obtained. On the basis of the others’ works, a bimodel dynamic model is proposed. Finally, a dynamic model is proposed to study the wind-induced vibration control analysis using viscous fluid dampers, and the optimal damping coefficient is obtained regarding the wind-induced response of the upper turret as optimization objectives. Analysis results show that the maximum peak response of the tower under dynamic wind load is far beyond the allowable range of the code. The wind-induced responses and the wind vibration input energy of the tower are decreased greatly by using a fluid viscous damper, and the peak acceleration responses of the upper turret is reduced by 43.4%.
Keywordshigh-rise structure wind-induced response fluid viscous damper vibration control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Constantinou M C, Symans M D. Experimental and Analytical Investigation of Seismic Response of Structures with Supple Mental Fluid Viscous Dampers. NSEER Rep-92-0032. New York: State University of New York, 1992, 5–6Google Scholar
- 2.Ye Zhengqiang, Li Aiqun, Xu Youlin. Fluid Viscous damper technology and its engineering application for structural vibration energy dissipation. Journal of Southeast University (Natural Science Edition), 2002, 32(3): 466–473 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou Yun, Deng Xuesong, Tang Tongbi, Wu Congxiao, Nie Yiheng, Ding Kun. State of the art and prospect of energy dissipation technology in China mainland. Earthquake Resistant Engineering and Retrofitting, 2006, 28(6): 1–15 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang Zhiqiang, Li Aiqun, Xu Youlin, Cai Danyi, He Jianping, Wang Jianlei. The 3D-dynamic finite element model established and dynamic characteristics analysis of Hefei TV Tower. Building Structure, 2003, 33(3): 50–53 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang Zhiqiang. Research on wind-induced and seismic vibration control of Hefei TV tower. Nanjing: School of Civil Engineering, Southeast University, 2003, 34–67 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 9.Xu Y L, Yang Z, Lu X L. Inelastic seismic response of adjacent buildings linked by fluid dampers. Structural Engineering and Mechanics, 2003, 15(5): 513–534Google Scholar