Cathodes with MnO2 catalysts for metal fuel battery
- 11 Downloads
A series of cathodes with MnO2 catalysts of metal fuel battery were prepared. The catalyst slurry was treated by ultrasonic dispersion under the ultrasonic time of 20 min, 40 min and 60 min. The cathodes were also dried with the temperature of 90°C, 120°C and 150°C. Besides, the microstructures of the cathodes and discharging performance were investigated. The results indicated that the ultrasonic time and drying temperature had a remarkable influence on the electric current densities, but had little effect on the open-circuit voltage. The effects of oxygen on the current density and voltage of cathode were also studied, and it was found that the method of blowing oxygen to cathode could increase the current density of the metal fuel battery.
Keywordsmetal fuel battery cathode current density ultrasonic dispersion oxygen supply
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 11.Rahman M A, Wang X, Wen C. High energy density metal-air batteries: a review. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2013, 160(10): A1759–A1771Google Scholar
- 16.Liu K, Peng Z, Wang H, Ren Y, Liu D, Li J, Tang Y, Zhang N. Fe3C@Fe/N doped graphene-like carbon sheets as a highly efficient catalyst in al-air batteries. Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 2017, 164(6): F475–F483Google Scholar
- 22.Yu L. Preparation of PTFE microporous fiber with catalytic capability. Dissertation for the Master’s Degree. Hangzhou: Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, 2009 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 23.Yang W, Li Y, Li B. Influence of ultrasonic pretreatment on modification effect of nano-sized titanium dioxide. Inorganic Chemicals Industry, 2008, 40(8): 27–29Google Scholar
- 24.Wang Y, Zeng X, Liu H, Song S. Effect of preparation conditions of catalyst in on the electrochemical properties of Pt/C catalyst. Chinese Journal of Catalysis, 2011, 32(1): 184–188Google Scholar
- 25.Cui C. Research and preparation of air electrode for zinc-air battery. Dissertation for the Master’s Degree. Harbin: Harbin Institute of Technology, 2013 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 27.Yan B. Preparation and characterization of air cathode for aluminum-air battery. Dissertation for the Master’s Degree. Harbin: Harbin Institute of Technology, 2010 (in Chinese)Google Scholar