Planning and analysis of the demonstration project of the MVDC distribution network in Zhuhai
- 14 Downloads
The DC distribution system is an important development direction of the distribution system, which can improve the reliability and the quality of the power supply, and support the new energy, the energy storage, the electric vehicles, and the flexible access of AC and DC loads to grid. To realize the demonstration application of the DC distribution technology, China’s first demonstration project of the medium voltage DC distribution network will be built in Zhuhai, Guangdong Province to support the construction of the city energy internet. First, this paper analyzes the demand of the DC distribution network project, and puts forward the construction content and construction target. Then, it designs and analyzes the electrical connection mode, system operation mode, and startup and shutdown mode of the DC distribution network, and proposes the overall project construction plan. Finally, it conducts the specific project design and analysis, which mainly include the selection of equipment such as inverters, DC transformers and DC circuit breakers, the design and analysis of the DC control and protection system, the design and analysis of the overvoltage protection and the configuration scheme of the lightning arrester, and analysis of the system transient characteristics. The design and analysis of the engineering program is a combination of China’s distribution network engineering practice and technical characteristics, which lays a solid foundation for the advancement of the DC power distribution technology in China, and has reference value and demonstration effect for the design and construction of other projects.
KeywordsMVDC distribution network DC solid state transformer DC circuit breaker modular multilevel converter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the National Key Research and Development Program (No. 2017YFB0903203), the “Internet +” Smart Energy (Energy Internet) Demonstration Project, and the 60th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation.
- 3.Nilsson D, Sannino A. Efficiency analysis of low-and mediumvoltage DC distribution systems. In: IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, Denver, CO, USA, 2004, 2315–2321Google Scholar
- 4.Starke M R, Li F, Tolbert L M, Ozpineci B. AC vs. DC distribution: maximum transfer capability. In: 2008 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting–Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 2008Google Scholar
- 5.Starke M R, Tolbert LM, Ozpineci B. AC vs. DC distribution: a loss comparison. In: 2008 IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, Chicago, IL, USA, 2008, 1–7Google Scholar
- 10.Ito Y, Zhongqing Y, Akagi H. DC microgrid based distribution power generation system. In: 4th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, Xi’an, China, 2004, 1740–1745Google Scholar
- 11.Kakigano H, Miura Y, Ise T, et al. DC micro-grid for super high quality distribution-system configuration and control of distributed generations and energy storage devices. In: 2006 37th IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, Jeju, South Korea, 2006, 1–7Google Scholar
- 13.Brenna M, Tironi E, Ubezio G. Proposal of a local DC distribution network with distributed energy resources. In: 11th International Conference on Harmonics and Quality of Power, Lake Placid, NY, USA, 2004, 397–402Google Scholar
- 14.Magureanu R, Albu M, Priboianu M, Dumitrescu A M. A DC distribution network with alternative sources. In: 2007 Mediterranean Conference on Control & Automation, 2007, 1–4Google Scholar
- 17.Li C, Chaudhary S K, Dragicevic T, Vasquez J C, Guerrero J M. Power flow analysis for DC voltage droop controlled DC microgrids. In: IEEE 11th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals & Devices, Barcelona, Spain, 2014, 1–5Google Scholar
- 18.Stieneker M, Butz J, Rabiee S, Stagge H, Doncker RWD. Mediumvoltage DC research grid Aachen. In: International ETG Congress 2015; Die Energiewende–Blueprints for the new energy age, Bonn, Germany, 2015, 1–7Google Scholar
- 19.Mura F, Doncker RWD. Design aspects of a medium-voltage direct current (MVDC) grid for a university campus. In: 8th International Conference on Power Electronics, Jeju, South Korea, 2011, 2359–2366Google Scholar
- 20.Jiang D, Zheng H. Research status and developing prospect of DC distribution network. Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2012, 36(8): 98–104 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 21.Wang D, Mao C, Lu J, Chen X, Zeng J, Zhang J. Technical analysis and design concept of DC distribution system. Automation of Electric Power Systems, 2013, 37(8): 82–88 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 22.Qiang S, Zhao B, Liu W, Zeng R. An overview of research on smart DC distribution power network. Proceedings of the CSEE, 2013, 33 (25): 9–19 (in Chinese)Google Scholar