Thermal performance of phase change material energy storage floor for active solar water-heating system
- 244 Downloads
The conventional active solar water-heating floor system contains a big water tank to store energy in the day time for heating at night, which takes much building space and is very heavy. In order to reduce the water tank volume or even cancel the tank, a novel structure of an integrated water pipe floor heating system using shapestabilized phase change materials (SSPCM) for thermal energy storage was developed and experimentally studied in this paper. The thermal performances of the floors with and without the SSPCM were compared under the intermittent heating condition. The results show that the Energy Storage Ratio (ESR) of the SSPCM floor is much higher than that of the non-SSPCM floor; the SSPCM floor heating system can provide stable heat flux and prevent a large attenuation of the floor surface temperature. Also, the SSPCM floor heating system dampens the indoor temperature swing by about 50% and increases the minimum indoor air temperature by 2°C–3°C under experimental conditions. The SSPCM floor heating system has a potential of making use of the daytime solar energy for heating at night efficiently.
Keywordsphase change material energy storage ratio active solar water-heating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Chen Ge, Wang Ruzhu, Dai Yanjun, Zhai Xiaoqiang. Experiment and numerical simulation of solar radiant floor heating system. Energy Technology, 2005, 26(2): 77–80 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang Qunli, Di Hongfa, Zhang Yinping, Lin Kunping, Zhou Guobing. Modeling and simulation on the thermal performance of the hydraulic floor heating modular with shape-stabilized phase change materials for energy storage. Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology, 2007, 14(1): 322–325Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang Qinglin. Research on application and character of thermal performance of building envelope components with phase change material for thermal storage. Dissertation for the Doctoral Degree, Beijing: Tsinghua University, 2007Google Scholar
- 10.Qiu Lin, Wu Xiufen, Yang Mengyi. Research on structure models of the phase change material based energy storage heating floor. Building Science, 2007, 23(2): 41–43Google Scholar
- 13.Qin Penghua, Yang Rui, Zhang Yinping, Lin Kunping. Thermal performance of shape-stabilized phase-change materials. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), 2003, 43(6): 833–835Google Scholar
- 16.Xiao Wei, Zhang Yinping, Zhang Qunli, Lin Kunping, Di Hongfa. Experimental study of underfloor air supply system with air solar collector and shape-stabilized PCM. Proceedings of the ASME International Solar Energy Conference, Denver, Colorado, 2006, 335–342Google Scholar
- 18.Lu Yaoqing. Heating Ventilation Design Manual. Beijing: China Architecture & Building Press, 1986 (in Chinese)Google Scholar