Multicolor FISH analysis of rDNA and telomere on spinach
- 26 Downloads
In this study, multicolor fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis on metaphase chromosomes of spinach with biotin-labeled 25S rDNA, DIG-labeled telomere sequences and biotin-labeled and DIG-labeled 5S rDNA was performed. There were six 25S rDNA loci located on the satellites of the third, the fifth and the sixth chromosomes, and four 5S rDNA loci located on the long arms of the third and the fifth chromosomes. The telomere loci were located on the end of the sixth chromosome and also on both the end and centromeric regions of other chromosomes. This study is an important complement to both traditional karyotype analysis and FISH karyotype analysis in spinach.
Keywordsspinach multicolor FISH rDNA telomere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bie S, Wang K B, Wang C Y, Song G L, Kong F L, Liu F, Liu S H, Li S H, Zhang X D, Wang Y H (2004). Studies on 45S rDNA-FISH and karyotype of Gossypium herbaceum and Gossypium arboreum. Cotton Science, 16(4): 223–228 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chen R Y, Song W Q, Li X L (1979). A new method of plant mitosis chromosome spread. Acta Bot Sin, 21(3): 297–298 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Hizume M, Kurose N, Shibata F, Kondo K (1998). Molecular cytogenetic studies on sex chromosomes and proximal heterochromatin containing telomere-like sequence in Cycas revoluta. Chromosome Sci, 2(1): 63–72Google Scholar
- Liu B, Chen C B, Li X L, Qi L W, Han S Y (2005). Karyotype analysis and physical mapping of 45S rDNA in eight species of Sphora, Robinia and Amorpha. Acta Botanica Yunnanica, 27(3): 261–268 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Schubert I (1992). Telomeric polymorphism in Vicia faba. Biol Zbl, 111: 164–168Google Scholar