Cu(II) ions loaded on magnesium silicate nanofibers for the liquid oxidation of benzyl alcohol
- 10 Downloads
Cu(II) ions were precipitated on nanofiberous magnesium silicate support using hydroxide solution. The texture and characterization of the obtained solids have been investigated by physical methods including XRD, SEM, BET, EDS, XPS, and FT-IR. The catalysts showed medium surface area, highly distributed Cu(II) oxide on the sepiolite fibers. In the liquid-phase oxidation of benzyl alcohol at low temperatures, CuO serves as an active component for the selective production of benzaldehyde. The catalytic activity of the prepared CuO/sepiolite was associated with the dispersion and amount of CuO loading, location and oxidation states of active sites, preparation routes, and reaction variables.
Cu2+/sepiolite is active for the selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde.
KeywordsSepiolite T-BuOOH Benzyl alcohol Supported catalysts Solvent-free oxidation
This research is funded by Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under Grant number 104.05-2017.04.
- Choudhary VR, Chaudhari PA, Narkhede VS (2003) Solvent-free liquid phase oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde by molecular oxygen using non-noble transition metal containing hydrotalcite-like solid catalysts. Catal Commun 4:171–175. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1566-7367(03)00027-X CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Guowu Z, Jiale H, Mingming D, Daohua S, Ibrahim AR, Wenshuang L, Yingling H, Qingbiao L (2012) Liquid phase oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde with novel uncalcined bioreduction Au catalysts: high activity and durability. Chem Eng J 187:232–238. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2012.01.051 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Prathap MUA, Kaur B, Srivastava R (2012) Hydrothermal synthesis of CuO micro-/nanostructures and their applications in the oxidative degradation of methylene blue and non-enzymatic sensing of glucose/H2O2. J Colloid Interface Sci 370:144–154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcis.2011.12.074 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sanaa T, Yun HTY,Tawfi kAS, Abdul HA, Umer R, Mohd IS (2018) Synthesis of bimetallic gold-pallidum loaded on carbon as efficient catalysts for the oxidation of benzyl alcohol into benzaldehyde. J Mol Liquids 271:885–891. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2018.09.037
- Tamizhdurai P, Subramanian S, Santhana KP, Ramesh A, Mangesh VL, Abilarasu A, Narayanan S, Shanthi K, Te-Wei C (2019) Catalytic activity of ratio-dependent SBA-15 supported zirconia catalysts for highly selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol to benzaldehyde and environmental pollutant heavy metal ions detection. J Mol Struct 1176:650–661. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molstruc.2018.09.007 CrossRefGoogle Scholar