Synthesis of antioxidant for natural rubber using new heterogeneous catalytic system
- 7 Downloads
In this paper, a new type of heterogeneous catalytic system was devised for the synthesis of 4,4′-bis-(2,6-di-t-butylphenol), (hereinafter referred to as bisphenol-VN). The properties of the catalytic system were studied using SEM–EDS and transmission electron microscope methods. The results have demonstrated the presence of hydrophobic phenolate layer on the surface of the catalytic system, which provides high catalytic activity in the synthesis of bisphenol-VN. The bisphenol-VN obtained was taken for structural analysis by SEM, IR and MS-HPLC methods to prove the purity of the product. Simultaneously, the bisphenol-VN was also tested in natural rubber to enhance the physical–mechanical properties. The use of bisphenol-VN extends the oxidation induction time of natural rubber by three times in the comparison with the commercial antioxidant 6PPD.
KeywordsNatural rubber Antioxidant Composite Synthesis Catalyst
This work was financially supported by the Viet Tri University of Industry, Viet Nam.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no competing interests.
- Akhmadullin RM et al (2012) Synthesis and properties of titanium containing catalyst for sterically hindered phenols oxidation. J Butlerov Commun 30(6):108–112Google Scholar
- Akhmadullin RM et al (2014) The heterogeneous catalyzed oxidation in the liquid alkaline medium of 2,6-di-tert-butylphenol into 3,3′,5,5′-tetra-tert-butyl-4,4′-diphenoquinone. Res J Pharm Biol Chem Sci 5(6):494–502Google Scholar
- Azahar NM et al (2016) An overview on natural rubber application for asphalt modification. Int J Agric For Plant 2:212–218Google Scholar
- GOST 12.1.007-76 (1977) Noxious substances. Classification and general safety requirements, Occupational safety standards systemGoogle Scholar
- Klinpituksa P, Hamad A, Nakason C, Kaesaman A (2011) Natural rubber bound 4-aminodiphenylamine antioxidant for rubber formulation improvement. Sci J UBU 2(1):66–71Google Scholar
- Klinpituksa P, Kiarttisarekul A, Kaesaman A (2014) Natural rubber bound phenolic antioxidant and its application in thermoplastic elastomer. In: The 2014 world congress on advances in civil environmental, and materials research, Busan, KoreaGoogle Scholar
- Kohjiya S, Ikeda Y (2014) Chemistry, manufacture and applications of natural rubber, 1st edn. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- Kurian T, Mathew NM (2011) Natural rubber: production, properties and applications, 1st edn. Wiley, HobokenGoogle Scholar