Synthesis of semicarbazide catechol derivative as a potential electrode modifier: application in electrocatalysis of catechol amine drugs
- 15 Downloads
2-(1-(3,4-Dihydroxyphenyl)ethylidene)hydrazine-1-carboxamide was synthesized as a precursor for generation of redox polymer. In acidic media, the opposite charge on the surface of this monomer and graphene quantum dots make feasible monomer electrodeposition. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and field-emission scanning electron microscopy were used for chemical band identification and morphological characteristics of coated film at electrode. Polymer-modified electrode enhances electron-transfer process of catechol amines such as dopamine and dobutamine selectively. Graphene quantum dots/polymer film-modified electrode produce more oxidation current compared to polymer-modified electrode alone. Under optimized condition, the concentration of dobutamine and its oxidation signal was well fitted to the linear regression function in the range of 0.05–35.0 µM with the detection limit of 0.01 µM. The accuracy evaluation of modified electrode was determined by measuring concentration of dobutamine in serum samples.
KeywordsCatechol amines Graphene quantum dots Polysemicarbazone catechol derivative Modified glassy carbon electrode Electrocatalysis
The authors gratefully acknowledge support of this work by the Research Council of Payame Noor University and Green Chemistry.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- Costa MP, Rodrigues BL, Frasao BS, Conte-Junior CA (2018) Biogenic amines as food quality index and chemical risk for human consumption, pp 75–108. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-811442-1.00002-x
- Fuhrman BP, Zimmerman JJ (2011) Pediatric critical care, 4th edn. Elsevier, Amsterdam (ISBN 9780323246453) Google Scholar
- Guo Z, Huang G, Li J, Wang Z, Xu X (2015) Graphene oxide-Ag/poly-l-lysine modified glassy carbon electrode as an electrochemical sensor for the determination of dopamine in the presence of ascorbic acid. J Electroanal Chem 759:113–121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2015.11.001 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Hadi M, Mollaei T, Ehsani A (2018) Graphene oxides/multi-walled carbon nanotubes hybrid-modified carbon electrodes for fast and sensitive voltammetric determination of the anticancer drug 5-fluorouracil in spiked human plasma samples. Chem Pap 72:431–439. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11696-017-0295-4 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Palanisamy S, Ramaraj SK, Chen SM, Velusamy V, Yang TCK, Chen TW (2017) Voltammetric determination of catechol based on a glassy carbon electrode modified with a composite consisting of graphene oxide and polymelamine. Microchim Acta 184:1051–1057. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-017-2073-y CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Pavia DL, Lampman GM, Kriz GS (1996) Introduction to Spectroscopy: a guide for students of organic chemistry, 4th edn. Harcourt College Pub, OrlandoGoogle Scholar
- Shamsipur M, Samandari L, Besharati-Seidani A, Pashabadi A (2018) Synthesis, characterization and using a new terpyridine moiety-based ion-imprinted polymer nanoparticle: sub-nanomolar detection of Pb(II) in biological and water samples. Chem Pap 72:2707–2717. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11696-018-0523-6 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Skoog DA, West DM, Holler FJ, Crouch SR (2013) Fundamentals of analytical chemistry, 9th edn. Cengage Learning, Boston (ISBN 9780495558286) Google Scholar