Metal-free chemoselective reduction of nitroaromatics to anilines via hydrogen transfer strategy
- 101 Downloads
A novel protocol for chemoselective reduction of aromatic nitro compounds to aromatic amines has been established. The metal-free reduction goes through a hydrogen transfer process. Various easily reducible functional groups can be well tolerated under the optimized reaction conditions.
KeywordsMetal-free Chemoselective reduction Nitrobenzene Elemental sulfur
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (21172185, 21372187, 21606202).
- Arnold H, Dobert F, Gaube J (2008) In handbook of heterogeneous catalysis. Wiley-Interscience, New York, pp 3266–3284Google Scholar
- Blaser HU, Siegrist U, Steiner H, Studer M, Sheldon RA (2001) Fine chemicals through heterogeneous catalysi-sed. Wiley, Weinheim, p 389Google Scholar
- Gawande MB, Guo H, Rathi AK, Branco PS, Chen Y, Rajender S, Varmad RS, Peng DL (2013) First application of core shell Ag@Ni magnetic nanocatalyst for transfer hydrogenation reactions of aromatic nitro and carbonyl compounds. RSC Adv 3:1050–1054. https://doi.org/10.1039/c2ra22143h CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kumbha PS, Sanehez-Valente J, Figueras F (1998) Reduction of aromatic nitro compounds with hydrazine hydrate in the presence of the lron(III) oxide-MgO catalyst prepared from a Mg–Fe hydrotalcite precursor. Tetrahedron Lett 39:2573–2574. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-4039(98)00264-0 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Lawrence SA (2004) Amines: synthesis properties and applications. Cambridge University Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- Leleu S, Papamicae C, Marsais F, Dupas G, Levacher V (2004) Preparation of axially chiral quinolinium salts related to NAD+ models: new investigations of these biomimetic models as chiral amide-transferring agents. Tetrahedron Asymmetry 15:3919–3928. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tetasy.2004.11.004 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Li J, Shi XY, Bi YY, Wei JF, Chen ZG (2011) Pd nanoparticles in ionic liquid brush a highly active and reusable heterogeneous catalytic assembly for solvent free or on water hydrogenation of nitroarene under mild conditions. ACS Catal 1:657–664. https://doi.org/10.1021/cs200105u CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Mazaheri O, Kalbasi RJ (2015) Preparation and characterization of Ni/mZSM-5 zeolite with a hierarchical pore structure by using KIT-6 as silica template: an efficient bi-functional catalyst for the reduction of nitro aromatic compounds. RSC Adv 53:4398–34414. https://doi.org/10.1039/c5ra02349a Google Scholar
- Nishimura S (2001) Handbook of heterogeneous catalytic hydrogenation for organic synthesis. Wiley Interscience, New York, p 784Google Scholar
- Ricci A (2008) Amino group chemistry: from synthesis to the life sciences. Wiley, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- Ullmann F (2012) Ullmann’s encyclopedia of industrial chemistry, vol A2. Verlag Chemie, Weinheim, pp 647–718Google Scholar