Treatment Refusal in Anorexia Nervosa: The Hardest of Cases
Commentary on “Anorexia Nervosa: The Diagnosis: A Postmodern Ethics Contribution to the Bioethics Debate on Involuntary Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa” by Sacha Kendall
- 1.8k Downloads
KeywordsAnorexia nervosa Decision-making capacity Substituted decisions Supported decisions Treatment refusal
- Allen, N. 2012. A Local Authority v E and others. Thirty-Nine Essex Street, June 15. http://www.39essex.com/court_of_protection/browse.php?id=2987.
- Callaghan, S. 2012. The human right to be protected from suicide: Rabone and another (appellants) v Pennine Care  UKSC 2. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 9(3): 231–242.Google Scholar
- Callaghan, S., and C.J. Ryan. 2012. A submission on the issues raised by the review of the New South Wales Mental Health Act 2007. Part I: Criteria of detention and treatment. https://sydney.academia.edu/SaschaCallaghan/Papers.
- Coggon, J. 2013. Anorexia nervosa, best interests, and the patient’s human right to “a wholesale overwhelming of her autonomy”: A Local Authority v. E  EWHC 1639 (COP) *  HRLR 29. Medical Law Review. Epub ahead of print November 5, http://medlaw.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/11/05/medlaw.fwt031.full.
- Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. 2013. Concluding observations on the initial report of Australia, adopted by the Committee at its tenth session. http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/CRPD/Pages/Session10old.aspx.
- Hayes, T. 2012. Making decisions: Balancing principles, forcing food: Self-determination and best interests. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 9(4): 387–391.Google Scholar
- Kendall, S. 2014. Anorexia nervosa: The diagnosis: A postmodern ethics contribution to the bioethics debate on involuntary treatment for anorexia nervosa. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 11(1). doi:10.1007/s11673-013-9496-x
- Szmukler, G., R. Daw, and F. Callard. 2013. Mental health law and the UN Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. Epub ahead of print November 23, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016025271300126X.
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014