Sale of Sperm, Health Records, Minimally Conscious States, and Duties of Candour
- 128 Downloads
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. 2008. Open disclosure standard: A national standard for open communication in public and private hospitals, following an adverse event in health care. http://www.health.qld.gov.au/psq/od/docs/odst.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2011. Public and private sector medical indemnity claims in Australia 2007–08. Safety and quality of health care no. 7. Cat. no. HSE 90. Canberra: AIHW. http://www.aihw.gov.au/publication-detail/?id=10737418323. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- BBC. 2011. Death plea case rejected by judge. September 28. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15082763. Accessed October 6, 2011.
- Christiaans-Dingelhoff, I., M. Smits, L. Zwaan, S. Lubberding, G. van der Wal, and C. Wagner. 2011. To what extent are adverse events found in patient records reported by patients and healthcare professionals via complaints, claims and incident reports? BMC Health Services Research 11: 49. doi:10.1186/1472-6963-11-49.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Department of Health. 2010a. The NHS Constitution. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/@ps/documents/digitalasset/dh_113645.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2010b. Equality analysis: Implementing a ‘duty of candour’; a new contractual requirement on providers. London: DH Patient Safety Team. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_130442.pdf.. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2011a. Implementing a ‘duty of candour’; a new contractual requirement on providers. Proposals for consultation. London: DH Patient Safety Team. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_130443.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Department of Health. 2011b. Government response to the NHS Future Forum report. Norwich: The Stationery Office. http://www.dh.gov.uk/dr_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_127719.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Fuller, L.L. 1969. The morality of law. Revised edition. New Haven: Yale University Press.Google Scholar
- General Medical Council. 2009. Good medical practice. http://www.gmc-uk.org/static/documents/content/GMP_0910.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- Huxtable, R. 2007. Euthanasia, ethics and law: From conflict to compromise. London: Routledge-Cavendish.Google Scholar
- Madden, B., and T. Cockburn. 2011. Property rights in and entitlement to possession of sperm following death. Journal of Bioethical Inquiry 8(4): 324–327.Google Scholar
- Medical Board of Australia. 2009. Good medical practice: A code of conduct for doctors in Australia. http://www.medicalboard.gov.au/documents/default.aspx?record=WD10%2F1277&dbid=AP&chksum=eNjZ0Z%2FajN7oxjvHXDRQnQ%3D%3D. Accessed November 30, 2011.
- New South Wales Health Care Complaints Commission. 2011. Annual report 2010–11. Sydney: Health Care Complaints Commission. http://www.hccc.nsw.gov.au/Publications/Annual-Reports/default.aspx. Accessed November 30, 2011.
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2012