Effects of Ta Addition on the Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of CoCu0.5FeNi High-Entropy Alloy
- 70 Downloads
In this work, the alloying effects of Ta element on the microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of CoCu0.5FeNiTax (x = 0-0.6 at.%) high-entropy alloys were studied. The microstructure changed from single solid solution to hypoeutectic, then to eutectic, and finally to hypereutectic with the increase in Ta content, which is because Ta element facilitates the Laves phase to form. The volume fraction of hard and brittle Laves phase increases with the Ta content, which increases the yield strength, Vickers hardness and theoretical density but decreases the plastic strain. The CoCu0.5FeNiTa0.1 alloy with a single FCC solid solution structure shows the optimal balance between density and ductility. The theoretical density and tensile fracture strain can reach 8.94 g/cm3 and 36.3%, respectively.
Keywordshigh-entropy alloys mechanical properties microstructure
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51671044, 51822402 and 51574058), Dalian Support Plan for Innovation of High-level Talents (Top and Leading Talents, 2015R013), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, Dalian Support Plan for Innovation of High-level Talents (Youth Technology Stars, 2016RQ005).
- 7.Q. Wei, T. Jiao, K.T. Ramesh, E. Ma, L.J. Kecskes, L. Magness, R. Dowding, V.U. Kazykhanov, and R.Z. Valiev, Mechanical Behavior and Dynamic Failure of High-Strength Ultrafine Grained Tungsten Under Uniaxial Compression, Acta Mater., 2006, 54(1), p 77–87Google Scholar
- 10.H.M. He, L.X. Wang, J. Sun, H.P. Gu, and F.W. Liu, Experiment and Numerical Simulation on Rod-Like Jet Formation by Molybdenum Liner, Explos. Shock Waves, 2013, 33, p 28–33Google Scholar
- 12.T.F. Guo, W.B. Li, W.B. Li, and X.W. Hong, Controlling Effect of Tantalum Liner’s Structural Parameters on EFP Formation and Penetration Performance, Chin. J. High Pressure Phys., 2018, 32(3), p 1–6Google Scholar
- 13.W.Q. Guo, J.X. Liu, Y. Xiao, S.K. Li, Z.Y. Zhao, and J. Cao, Comparison of Penetration Performance and Penetration Mechanism of W-Cu Shaped Charge Liner Against Three Kinds of Target: Pure Copper, Carbon Steel and Ti-6Al-4 V Alloy, Int. J. Refract. Met. Hard Mater., 2016, 60, p 147–153CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 30.D. Yong, Y.P. Lu, J.R. Kong, J.J. Zhang, and T.J. Li, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Multi-Component AlCrFeNiMox High-Entropy Alloys, J. Alloy. Compd., 2013, 573(10), p 96–101Google Scholar