Ultra-Shallow Doping B, Mg, Ni, Cu, Mn, Cr and Fe into SiC with Very High Surface Concentrations Based on Plasma Stimulated Room-Temperature Diffusion
- 83 Downloads
Very recently, we reported a novel doping method called plasma doping without any external bias (PDWOEB) for the introduction of some impurities into Si and GaN at room temperature (RT). In this work, the RT doping of some impurities, including B, Mg, Ni, Cu, Mn, Cr and Fe, into SiC with ultra-shallow depths of tens of nanometer and very high surface concentrations, approaching or exceeding 1E20/cm3, by using PDWOEB is reported. It has been found for the first time that the doping depths and surface concentrations of these impurities doped into SiC by the PDWOEB increase drastically with increasing doping time and the ferromagnetism of SiC due to Ni doping is demonstrated. Moreover, the approximate diffusivities of B, Mg, Ni, Cu, Mn, Cr and Fe in SiC at RT under plasma stimulation are obtained. The physical mechanism of PDWOEB is further discussed, and some unclear viewpoints are clarified.
Keywordshigh surface concentrations plasma doping without any external bias (PDWOEB) point defects room-temperature (RT) diffusion ultra-shallow doping depths
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant Numbers 91433119 and 11674004.
- 3.B.J. Baliga, Prospects for Development of SiC Power Devices, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser., 1996, 142, p 1Google Scholar
- 4.L.V. Rozario, L.P. Sadwick, R.J. Hwu, and D.B. King, SiC BGJFET Inverter for High Temperature/Power Applications, in Proc. of Fourth Int. High Temp. Electron. Conf. (HiTec) (1998), p 29Google Scholar
- 10.R. Hou, Z. Xie, L. Li, X. Xie, X. Xu, X. Fang, L. Tao, W. Xu, N. Ma, Y. He, X. Chen, S. Peng, E. Fu, Z. Yuan, and G. Qin, Room-Temperature Plasma Doping Without Bias Power for Introduction of Fe, Au, Al, Ga, Sn and In into Si, Appl. Phys. A, 2016, 122, p. 1013.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Hou, X. Fang, L. Li, S. Li, W. Song, X. Xie, Z. Xie, W. Xu, S. Pan, D. Li, C. Xiao, and G. G. Qin, Doping Si, Mg and Ca into GaN Based on Plasma Stimulated Room-Temperature Diffusion, Appl. Phys. A, 2017, 123, p. 393.Google Scholar
- 22.A. Lohrmann, B.C. Johnson, J.C. McCallum, and S. Castelletto, A Review on Single Photon Sources in Silicon Carbide, Rep. Prog. Phys. 2017, 80, p. 034502.Google Scholar
- 26.R. Hou, L. Li, X. Fang, Z. Xie, S. Li, W. Song, R. Huang, J. Zhang, Z. Huang, Q. Li, W. Xu, E. Fu, and G.G. Qin, Ambient-Temperature Diffusion and Gettering of Pt Atoms in GaN with Surface Defect Region Under 60Co Gamma or MeV Electron Irradiation, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res. Sect. B, 2018, 414, p 74–78.Google Scholar
- 29.R.B. Bird, W.E. Stewart, and E.N. Lightfoot, Transport Phenomena, Wiley, New York, 1976Google Scholar