Calculation of emissivity of Si wafers
- 1.8k Downloads
A computer-software, Emissivity, has been developed to calculate the emissivity (ɛ) of silicon wafers of any surface morphology, for a given temperature and dopant concentration. The software uses a combination of ray- and wave-optics approaches to include the interference and the polarization effects necessary for multilayer surface coatings and multi-reflections within thin wafers. The refractive index and the absorption coefficient are calculated as a function of temperature and dopant concentration using an empirical model for an indirect bandgap semiconductor. The results of this model are compared with conventional emissivity calculations and experimental data.
Key wordsEmissivity temperature dopant concentration silicon multilayer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fred Roozeboom, MRS Symposium Proc. 303 (Pittsburgh, PA: MRS, 1993), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 3.P.J. Timans, Advances in Rapid Thermal and Integrated Processing, ed. F. Roozeboom (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands, 1996), p. 35.Google Scholar
- 9.T.S. Moss, Optical Properties of Semiconductors (Stoneham, MA: Butterworths Scientific, 1959).Google Scholar
- 10.E.D. Palic, ed., Handbook of Optical Constants of Solids (New York: Academic Press, 1985), p. 547.Google Scholar
- 11.B.L. Sopori et al., ECS Proc. 99–10, 427 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.B.L. Sopori, W. Chen, and J. Madjdpour (Paper presented at the 195th ECS Meeting, Seattle, WA, May 1999).Google Scholar