Sintering Characteristics and Microwave Dielectric Properties of Li2Mg3Ti0.95(Mg1/3Sb2/3)0.05O6 Ceramic Doped with LiF for LTCC Applications
- 6 Downloads
In the current study, LiF as a sintering agent was chosen to achieve the low temperature sintering of Li2Mg3Ti0.95(Mg1/3Sb2/3)0.05O6 (LMTS) ceramics. LMTS ceramics with 1–4 wt.% LiF additions were prepared by a solid-state reaction. The influence of LiF-doping on x-ray diffraction patterns, apparent density, micro-morphology and microwave dielectric properties were discussed in depth. With different LiF additions, LMTS ceramics show a rock salt structured pure phase. A small amount of LiF addition can significantly promote sintering due to the liquid-phase sintering. Compact samples (> 95% of theoretical density) can be obtained at 950°C for LMTS with 2–4 wt.% LiF addition ceramics. Particularly, LMTS with 4 wt.% LiF additional ceramic exhibited optimal microwave dielectric properties at 950°C (εr = 14.9, Q × f=68132 GHz and τf = − 39.24 ppm/°C). Moreover, LMTS ceramics possessed excellent chemical compatibility with silver, implying that the LMTS-LiF ceramic is a potential candidate for low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC).
KeywordsLi2Mg3Ti0.95(Mg1/3Sb2/3)0.05O6 LiF microwave dielectric ceramics LTCC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation (No. 51472108) and Project funded by China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2017M612341). The authors are thankful for the help of Professor ZhenXing Yue and postdoctoral Jie Zhang on the measurement of microwave properties in Tsinghua University.
- 2.Z.X. Wang, C.L. Yuan, B.H. Zhu, Q. Feng, F. Liu, L. Miao, C.R. Zhou, and G.H. Chen, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 1817 (2018).Google Scholar
- 7.W.S. Xia, F. Jin, M. Wang, X. Wang, G.Y. Zhang, and L.W. Shi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 1100 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.W.S. Xia, L.Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, J.T. Zhang, R.R. Feng, and L.W. Shi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 18437 (2017).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Yang, S.R. Zhang, Z.X. Fang, H.T. Chen, Z. Xiong, and B. Tang, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 29, 4533 (2018).Google Scholar
- 24.X.H. Zhang, Y.M. Ding, and J.J. Bian, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 28, 12755 (2017).Google Scholar
- 26.B.W. Hakki and P.D. Coleman, IEEE Trans. 8, 402 (1960).Google Scholar
- 27.W.E. Courtney, IEEE Trans. 18, 476 (1970).Google Scholar
- 33.W.S. Xia, L.Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, S.E. Jin, Y.P. Xu, Z.W. Zuo, and L.W. Shi, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 27, 11325 (2016).Google Scholar