Ergodic Relaxor State with High Energy Storage Performance Induced by Doping Sr0.85Bi0.1TiO3 in Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3 Ceramics
- 231 Downloads
The large maximum polarization P max and low remnant polarization P r in relaxor ferroelectrics are key features for the energy storage density (W) and energy-storage efficiency (η) in materials selection. In this study, the ergodic relaxor (ER) state with high energy storage performance associated with low P r and large P max, induced by Sr0.85Bi0.1TiO3(SBT) addition in (1 − x)Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3-xSr0.85Bi0.1TiO3 (BNT-SBTx with x = 0.25–0.45, Bi0.5Na0.5TiO3 abbreviated as BNT) ceramics has been observed. In particular, significantly increased energy storage density (W = 1.5 J/cm3) and energy-storage efficiency (η = 73%) are obtained for BNT-SBT ergodic relaxor ceramics. These results suggest a new means of designing lead-free energy-storage materials.
KeywordsEnergy-storage dielectric properties ergodic relaxor ferroeletrics polarization hysteresis loops
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Part of this work was financially supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China (11564007, 61561015, and 61361007) and Guangxi Key Laboratory of Information Materials (1310001-Z) and the Natural Science Foundation of Guangxi (Grants No. 2012GXNSFGA60002 and 2015GXNSF AA 139250) and Open Project of Key Laboratory of New Electric Functional Materials of Guangxi Colleges and Universities (DGN201504).
- 2.Y. Diab, P. Venet, H. Gualous, and G. Rojat, IEEE Trans. 24, 510 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.A.K. Yadav and C. Gautam, J. Mater. Sci. 25, 5165–5187 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.F. MacDougall, T.R. Jow, J. Ennis, S. Yen, X. Yang, and J. Ho, IEEE Power Modulator Conference (2008).Google Scholar
- 17.G.A. Smolenskii, V.A. Isupov, A.I. Agranovskaya, and N.N. Kraink, Sov. Phys. Solid State 2, 2651 (1961).Google Scholar
- 23.H.-S. Han, W. Jo, J. Rödel, I.-K. Hong, W.P. Tai, and J.-S. Lee, J. Phys. 24, 365901 (2012).Google Scholar
- 27.Q. Xu, H. Liu, Z. Song, X. Huang, A. Ullah, L. Zhang, J. Xie, H. Hao, M. Cao, and Z. Yao, J. Mater. Sci. 27, 322 (2016).Google Scholar
- 34.Z. Yu, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Aveiro, Portugal, 1997 (in English).Google Scholar