Electrical and Optical Investigations on Tungsten-Incorporated CdO Thin Films
- 131 Downloads
Transparent conductive oxide tungsten-incorporated cadmium oxide (CdO) thin films were deposited on glass substrates by a vacuum evaporation technique. The structural, electrical, and optical properties have been investigated as functions of tungsten (W) doping content. The results show that W ions occupy structural interstitial positions in addition to accumulating on crystallite and grain boundaries. The bandgap of W-incorporated CdO films suffers narrowing that was studied within the framework of the available phenomenological models. The electrical study shows that W-incorporated CdO films are degenerate semiconductors. The lowest resistivity of 3.85 × 10−4 Ω cm was achieved, with carrier mobility of 39.2 cm2 V−1 s−1 and carrier concentration of 4.13 × 1020 cm−3, for W incorporation of 0.1%. The average transmission attained was ~80% in the near-infrared (NIR) spectral region, with the optical bandgap ranging from 1.77 eV to 2.0 eV.
KeywordsCadmium-tungsten oxide tungsten-doped CdO CdO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. Burbano, D.O. Scanlon, and G.W. Watson, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 15065 (2011).Google Scholar
- 18.J.M. Jaklevic, F.S. Goulding, X-ray Spectrometry, ed. H.K. Herglotz and L.S. Birks (NY: M. Dekker, 1978), p. 50.Google Scholar
- 19.Powder Diffraction File, Joint Committee for Powder Diffraction Studies (JCPDS) file No. 05-0640.Google Scholar
- 20.Powder Diffraction File, International Center for Diffraction Data JCPDS 72-0677.Google Scholar
- 25.M. Fox, Optical Properties of Solids, (New York: Oxford University Press, 2001), p. 156.Google Scholar
- 27.J. Tauc, F. Abelesn (ed.), Optical Properties of Solids (Amsterdam, North Holland, 1969).Google Scholar
- 29.C.G. Granqvist, Handbook of Inorganic Electrochromic Materials (The Netherlands: Elsevier, 2002).Google Scholar
- 37.T.S. Moss, Proc. Phys. Soc. Lond. B67, 775 (1954).Google Scholar