Radiation Damage in Type II Superlattice Infrared Detectors
- 111 Downloads
The effects of 2 MeV proton irradiation on a set of four long-wave infrared type II superlattice photodiodes with various structures were studied. Changes were monitored in operating bias, quantum efficiency (QE), and dark current. Shifts in operating bias indicate that irradiation causes the superlattices to become more p-type, and decreases in QE are found to be consistent with a reduction in carrier lifetime. Leakage currents remain lower in graded-gap diodes at all fluences.
KeywordsType II superlattice infrared detector radiation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.T. Ohshima, T. Sumita, M. Imaizumi, S. Kawkita, K. Shimazaki, S. Kuwajima, A. Ohi, and H. Itoh, IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, 806 (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.H.J. Hovel, Semiconductors and Semimetals, Vol. 11 (New York: Academic Press, 1975), pp. 17–20.Google Scholar
- 12.C.H. Grein, M.E. Flatte, S. Mallick, K. Banerjee, and S. Ghosh, 2009 II–VI Workshop (in press).Google Scholar
- 13.E.A. Aifer, unpublished data.Google Scholar
- 14.E.H. Aifer, C.L. Canedy, J.G. Tischler, J.H. Warner, I. Vurgaftman, W.W. Bewley, J.R. Meyer, E.M. Jackson, J.C. Kim, and L.W. Whitman, SPIE Photonics West 6107, 61270T (2006).Google Scholar