Equilibrium of [Si]/(SiO2) in Carbothermic Selective Reduction of Titanium Concentrate Ore for the Preparation of Titanium Oxycarbide
- 68 Downloads
Carbothermic selective reduction of titanium concentrate ore for the preparation of titanium oxycarbide was presented and SiO2 was found to be partly reduced during the process. The equilibrium relationship between Si dissolved in metallic Fe and SiO2 existed in corresponding slag was analyzed thermodynamically, and then revealed by a series of designed equilibration experiments. The results are in accordance with the calculated values obtained from thermodynamic analysis and have well explained the phenomenon that part of SiO2 is reduced during selective reduction processing of titanium concentrate ore.
This work was supported by the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program, No. 2012AA062302).
- 9.D.G. Jones: Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., 1973, vol. 82, pp. C186-192.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Kamal-Hussein, S.Z. El-Tawil: Indian J. of Tech., 1967, vol. 5, pp. 97-100.Google Scholar
- 11.I.E. Grey, A.F. Reid: Trans. Inst. Min. Metall., 1974, vol. 83, pp. 39-46.Google Scholar
- 20.J. Xiao, B. Jiang, K. Huang, S. Jiao, H. Zhu: 7th Int. Symp. High Temp. Metall. Process. 2016.Google Scholar
- 25.R.J. Fruehan: Metall. Trans., 1970, vol. 4, pp. 865-870.Google Scholar