Ni0.36Al0.10Cu0.30Fe0.24 Metallic Inert Anode for the Electrochemical Production of Fe-Ni Alloy in Molten K2CO3-Na2CO3
- 97 Downloads
In this paper, a Ni0.36Al0.10Cu0.30Fe0.24 metallic inert anode was proposed and the electrochemical behaviors were studied in molten K2CO3-Na2CO3 at 1023 K by polarization curves and Tafel plots. The results indicated that Ni0.36Al0.10Cu0.30Fe0.24 alloy was stable in carbonate due to the formation of a passivation film on the surface. The film was mainly composed of NiFe2O4 and Al2O3 with a dense structure, which inhibited further corrosion of anode. Moreover, oxygen gas and Fe-Ni alloy have been successfully generated through electrolysis with NiO-Fe2O3 pellet as cathode and Ni0.36Al0.10Cu0.30Fe0.24 alloy as anode under a potential of 1.9 V for 24 hours. Ni0.36Al0.10Cu0.30Fe0.24 alloy exhibited bright prospect as a potential candidate of inert anode for green metallurgical process.
The work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51725401, 51474200) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities.
- 4.G. Li, D. Wang, and Z. Chen, J. Mater. Sci. Technol., 2009, vol. 25, pp. 767-71.Google Scholar
- 11.D. Tang, H. Yin, X. Cheng, W. Xiao, D. Wang, Int. J. Hydrogen energy, 2016, vol. 41, 18966-18705.Google Scholar
- 16.G. Haarberg, E. Kvalheim, and A. Martinèz. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2014, vol. 58, pp.29-34.Google Scholar
- 18.Z. Shi, J. Xu, Z. Qiu, B. Gao, and Z. Wang, JOM, 2009, vol. 9, pp. 63-65.Google Scholar
- 31.E. Paparazzo., J. Electron Spectrosc., 1987, vol. 43, pp. 97-112.Google Scholar