Relationship Between Dissolved Calcium and Total Calcium in Al-Killed Steels After Calcium Treatment
The variation of dissolved calcium content after calcium treatment in 37Mn5 pipeline steels was investigated. The content of [Ca] was calculated based on measured results of T.Ca and the composition of inclusions, which decreased from 16 to 0.07 ppm due to calcium vaporization. A comparison between the calculated and predicted [Ca] contents using Factsage indicated a good agreement. The effect of T.Ca, T.O., T.S, [Al]s, and temperature on [Ca] was also discussed.
The authors are grateful for the support from the National Key R&D Program of China (2017YFB0304000&2017YFB0304001), the National Science Foundation China (Grant Nos. 51725402, 51504020 and 51704018), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (Grant Nos. FRF-TP-15-001C2, FRF-TP-15-067A1 and FRF-TP-17-039A1), the Guangxi Key Research and Development Plan (Grant No. AB17129006), the National Postdoctoral Program for Innovative Talents (Grant No. BX201700028), the Beijing Key Laboratory of Green Recycling and Extraction of Metals (GREM), and the High Quality steel Consortium (HQSC) and the Green Process Metallurgy and Modeling (GPM2) at the School of Metallurgical and Ecological Engineering in the University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB), China.
- 1.G.M. Faulring, J.W. Farrell, and D.C. Hilty: Electric Furnace Conference Proceedings, 1979, pp. 219–29.Google Scholar
- 2.G.M. Faulring, J.W.Farrell and D.C. Hilty: Iron Steelmaker, 1980, vol. 7, pp. 14-20.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Bannenberg: Steelmaking Conf. Proc., 1995, vol. 78, pp. 457-63.Google Scholar
- 8.N. Verma, M. Lind, P. Pistorius, R. Fruehan and M. Potter: Iron Steel Technol., 2010, vol. 7, pp. 189-97.Google Scholar
- 13.W. Tiekink, R. Boertje, R. Boom, R. Kooter, and B. Deo: ISSTech 2003 Conf. Proc, Iron and Steel Society, Warrendale, PA,, 2003, pp. 157–64.Google Scholar
- 23.H.J. Visser, R. Boom and M. Biglari: Metall. Res. Technol., 2008, vol. 105, pp. 172-80.Google Scholar
- 24.L. Zhang, Y. Liu, Y. Zhang, Y. Ren, W. Yang and W. Chen: Metall. Mater. Trans. B, 2017, 46, 1809-1825.Google Scholar
- 25.L.E. Rohde, A. Choudhury and M. Wahlster: Arch Eisenhuttenwes., 1971, vol. 42, pp. 165-74.Google Scholar