Effect of Agitation on Crystallization Behavior of CaO-Al2O3-SiO2-Na2O-CaF2 Mold Fluxes with Varying Basicity
The effect of agitation on crystallization behaviors of CaO-Al2O3-SiO2-Na2O-CaF2 mold fluxes with basicity of 1.1 and 1.2 was investigated. It was found that crystallization temperatures of agitated samples were higher than those of static samples. The morphology of cuspidine shifted from dendrites to facet crystals with the decrease of temperature. The agitation was conducive to the formation of small dendritic cuspidine and could lead to crystals with smaller size. Crystalline fraction could be significantly enhanced by agitation at the initial stage of crystallization.
- 1.Pinheiro, C: Iron Steelmaker, 1995, vol. 22, pp. 43-44.Google Scholar
- 4.K.C. Mills and A.B. Fox: High Temp Mat Pr-Isr, 2003, vol.5-6, pp.291-02.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Takeuchi, S. Matsumura, R. Hidaka, Y. Nagano and Y. Suzuki: Tetsu-to-Hagané, 1983, vol.2 pp.248-53.Google Scholar
- 17.W. Kurz and D.J. Fisher: Fundamentals of solidification, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, 1986, pp.34.Google Scholar
- 18.C. Orrling, A. Tilliander, Y. Kashiwaya and A.W.Cramb, Iron steelmaker, 2000, vol.20, pp.53-63.Google Scholar
- 22.R. J. Kirkpatrick: Amer. Miner., 1975, 60:798-14.Google Scholar