Low-Temperature Oxy-Nitriding of AISI 304 Austenitic Stainless Steel for Combat Corrosion and Wear in HCl Medium
- 14 Downloads
Time-dependent experiments were carried out to study the corrosion behavior of AISI 304 austenitic stainless steel before and after low-temperature oxy-nitriding in HCl solution. The weight loss of the untreated sample was higher than that of the nitrided sample after HCl corrosion. When immersed for a short time, the nitrided sample remained relatively intact, while when immersed for a long time, the nitrogen-rich layer was damaged. XPS analysis showed that the passive film of the low-temperature oxy-nitrided sample was complete. The structure of passive film on the LTON sample was characterized by Mott–Schottky test, and the effect of nitrogen on the corrosion resistance of the material was discussed. The wear test results show that the oxy-nitrided samples after HCl immersion corrosion still maintained high wear resistance.
The authors are very grateful to the Grants provided by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51471112 and 51611130204), Science and Technology Planning Project of Sichuan (No. 2016GZ0173), and the Newton Mobility Grant from Royal Society, UK (IE151027).
- 6.Y. Ait Albrimi, A. Ait Addi, J. Douch, R.M. Souto, M. Hamdani, Corros. Sci., 2015, vol. 90, pp. 522–28.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Groysman: Corrosion Problems and Solutions in Oil Refining and Petrochemical Industry, 1st ed., Springer, Cham, 2017.Google Scholar
- 11.K. Ichii, K. Fujimura and T. Takase: Technol. Rep. Kansai Univ.,1986, 27, 135–144.Google Scholar
- 13.M.K. Lei, Y.H. Li, Z.L. Zhang, Y. Huang, Tribology, 1997, vol. 17, pp. 206-213.Google Scholar
- 30.B. Mingyu, R. Chengqiang, Z. Yunping, D. Lei, X. Ning, J. Fang, G. Xiaoyang Material. Report. A., 2016, vol. 30, pp. 10-15.Google Scholar
- 35.H.W. Xiang, W Huang, D Liu, F He, Corrosion. Science. and. Protetion. Technology., 2011, vol. 23, pp. 303-312.Google Scholar
- 37.N.E. Hakiki, M. Da Cunha Belo, A.M.P. Simões, and M.G.S. Ferreira: J. Electrochem. Soc., 1998, vol. 145, pp. 3821–29.Google Scholar
- 44.Z. Zhou, M. Dai, Z. Shen, and J. Hu: J. Alloys Compd., 2015, vol. 623, pp. 261–65.Google Scholar
- 47.R.F.A. Jargelius-Pettersson: Corros. Sci., 1999, vol. 41, pp. 1639–64.Google Scholar