Studies on Formation Mechanism of In Situ Particles During Laser Direct Deposition of Fe-Based Composite Coatings with Valence Electron Structure Parameters
- 8 Downloads
In this study, the formation regularity of C-Cr, C-Fe, and C-Fe-Cr in situ particles during the laser direct deposition of Fe-based composite coatings was theoretically investigated using the phase stability (PS) and phase formation ability (PFA) calculated based on the empirical electron theory of solids and molecules (EET). The calculation results showed that Cr7C3, Cr3C2, and Fe3C are more likely to appear during the laser direct deposition of Fe-based composite coatings because they have ideal PS and PFA values in comparison with Cr3C, Cr23C6, Fe7C3, Fe23C6, and Fe4C compounds. The addition of Cr is beneficial for the formation of (Fe, Cr)3C compounds when the Cr substitution ratio of Fe atoms is within 33.3 pct, whereas it is easier for the (Cr, Fe)7C3 and Cr7C3 compounds to appear in the alloy coatings when the Cr substitution ratio of Fe atoms is greater than 57.1 pct. These investigation results will provide theoretical guidance for the composition design and performance optimization of in situ particle-reinforced Fe-based composite coatings.
This work was financially supported by National Key R&D Program of China (2016YFB1100201), Green Manufacturing System Integration Project of the Industry and Information Ministry of China (2017), Research and Development Plan for the Future Emerging Industries in Shenyang (18-004-2-26), Shenyang “Double Hundred” Major Science and Technology Achievement Transformation Demonstration Project (2019).
- 17.R.H. Yu: Chin. Sci. Bull., 1978, vol. 23, pp. 217-24.Google Scholar
- 18.R.L. Zhang: Empirical Electron Theory of Solids and Molecules, Jilin Science and Technology Publishing House, Jilin, 1990.Google Scholar
- 35.K. Hellbom, and A. Westgren: Svensk Kem. Tidskr., 1933, vol. 45, pp. 141-50.Google Scholar
- 37.Z.L. Liu, Z.L. Li, and W.D. Liu: Interface Electron Structure and Interface Properties, Science Press, Beijing, 2008.Google Scholar
- 38.Z.G. Pinsker, and S.V. Kaverin: Kristallografiya, 1956, vol. 1, pp. 66-72.Google Scholar
- 39.I. Massalski, and B. Thaddeus: Binary Alloy Phase Diagrams, AMS, Metals Park, New York, 1986.Google Scholar