The Influence of Rare Earth Elements on Phase Transformation in 25Mn Steel During Continuous Heating
- 119 Downloads
The influence of rare earth elements on continuous heating transformation of 25Mn steel was investigated by using differential scanning calorimetry combined with microstructure analysis. The transformation kinetics were obtained from experiment results and the Kissinger equation. It was found that the addition of 0.3 pct (mass fraction) rare earth ferrosilicon alloy resulted in an increase in the values of austenite onset temperature (Ac1) and austenite finish temperature (Ac3), and the phase transformation activation energy increased by 149 kJ/mol. At the same time, for the modified 25Mn steel, the microstructure and the impact toughness were improved.
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51405325) and PhD Research Startup Foundation of Taiyuan University of Science and Technology (Grant No. 20162024).
- 8.H. Y. Wang, W. M. Mao, G. H. Zhu, X. Y. Gao, D. C. Li, H. P. Ren: Rare Metal Mat Eng, 2015, vol. 44, pp.1159-1162.Google Scholar
- 12.Z. C. Liu, H. P. Ren, Y. Q. Song, L. P. Zhao: Metal Solid Phase Transformation Tutorial, Metallurgical Industry Press, CHN, 2011, pp 59-64.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Y. Ding, X. H. Liang: Can Chem, 1995, vol.1, pp. 1-7.Google Scholar
- 14.Q. Lin, F. Guo, L. M. Zhang, P. X. Gao, Y. H. Wang, C. R. Zhao: Chin Rare Earths, 2005, vol. 26, pp. 37-41.Google Scholar
- 16.W. Sha: Metall Mater Trans A, 2001, vol. 32A, pp. 2901-2903.Google Scholar
- 17.K. F. Kelton: Phase Transitions, 2016, vol. 89, pp. 367-381.Google Scholar
- 18.D. McLean, L. Northcot: J. Iron Steel Inst, 1948, vol. 158, pp.169-177.Google Scholar
- 22.H. Liu, D. H. Zhen, Z. Y. Xu: J Rare Earth, 1992, vol. 10, pp. 189-194.Google Scholar
- 23.X. Y. Zhu, T. You, Q. Shi, Y. Zou, Q. Lin: J Rare Earth, 2005, vol. 23, pp. 742-746.Google Scholar
- 24.Y. G. Zhu, Y. Liu, Z. L. Liu, W. D. Liu: J Chin Rare Earth Soc, 2003, vol. 21, pp. 681-685.Google Scholar
- 27.W. Zhang, L. S. Li, J. Chen: Acta Metall Sin, 1990, vol. 26, pp. 155–158.Google Scholar