Critical Phenomena and Estimation of Spontaneous Magnetization by Magnetic Entropy Analysis of La0.7Sr0.3Mn0.94Cu0.06O3
- 126 Downloads
This paper presents a detailed study on the structural, magnetic, and critical behavior and magnetocaloric effect of La0.7Sr0.3Mn0.94Cu0.06O3 prepared by solid-state reaction method. X-ray diffraction patterns indicate that Cu-doped manganite crystallizes to a single phase with a rhombohedral structure. Critical components β, γ, and δ were determined by using modified Arrott plot, Kouvel–Fisher method, and critical isotherm analyses. These components are consistent with their corresponding values and were validated by Widom scaling law and scaling theory. The deduced critical exponents (β = 0.456, γ = 0.9912, and δ = 3.206) are also close to their corresponding theoretical values predicted by mean-field model, indicating that long-range interaction dominates the critical behavior of the LSMCO system. Spontaneous magnetization was determined by two methods. One method is based on magnetic entropy change under different magnetic fields, and the other method is based on classical extrapolation from the Arrott plot. The two methods are in excellent agreement, confirming the validity of the deduction of spontaneous magnetization using the magnetic entropy change.
This work was supported by the National Foundation for Science and Technology under Grant No. 103.02-2016.12. The authors are also thankful to the Ton Duc Thang University and Dongguk University-Gyeongju.
- 12.S. G. Choi, H. -S. Lee, H. Choi, S. -W. Chung, H. -H. Park, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 2013, 46, 425102 (6pp).Google Scholar
- 24.MS Kim, JB Yang, PE Parris, Q Cai, XD Zhou, WJ James, WB Yelon, D Buddhikot, SK Malik (2005) J. Appl. Phys. 97:3.Google Scholar
- 26.MS Kim, JB Yang, J Medvedeva,WB Yelon, PE Parris, WJ James (2008) J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 20:7.Google Scholar
- 36.D Kim, BL Zink, F Hellman, JMD Coey (2002) Phys. Rev. B 65:7.Google Scholar
- 37.R. A. Young, the Rietveld Method, 1st ed, Oxford University Press, New York, 1993, pp 12-24.Google Scholar
- 43.J Fan, L Ling, B Hong, L Zhang, L Pi, Y Zhang (2010) Phys. Rev. B 81:6.Google Scholar
- 46.D Kim, B Revaz, BL Zink, F Hellman, JJ Rhyne, JE Mitchell (2002) Phys. Rev. Lett. 89:4.Google Scholar
- 54.V Franco, R CaballeroFlores, A Conde, KE Knipling, MA Willard (2011) J. Appl. Phys 109:3.Google Scholar
- 55.QY Dong, HW Zhang, JR Sun, BG Shen, V Franco (2008) J. Appl. Phys. 103:3.Google Scholar