Constitutive Modeling of the Mechanical Properties of V-added Medium Manganese TRIP Steel
- 1.5k Downloads
In this study, medium Mn transformation-induced plasticity steel with the composition Fe-0.08 pct C-6.15 pct Mn-1.5 pct Si-2.0 pct Al-0.08 pct V was investigated. After intercritical annealing at 1013 K (740 °C), the steel contained coarse-grained ferrite and two ultrafine-grained (UFG) phases: ferrite and retained austenite. The material did not deform by localized Lüders band propagation: it did not suffer from this major problem as most UFG steels do. Localization of plastic flow was shown to be suppressed because of a combination of factors, including a bimodal grain size distribution, a multiphase microstructure, the presence of nanosized vanadium carbide precipitates, and the occurrence of the deformation-induced martensitic transformation of retained austenite. A constitutive model incorporating these effects was developed. The model was used to identify the factors which can lead to a further improvement of the mechanical properties of the UFG medium Mn TRIP steels.
KeywordsFerrite Austenite Martensite Intercritical Annealing Martensite Volume Fraction
This research was supported by the WCU (World Class University) program through the National Research Foundation of Korea funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (R32-10147 and R31-2008-000-10075-0).
- 3.M.J. Merwin: Mater. Sci. Tech. (MS&T), Michigan, 2007, pp. 515–36.Google Scholar
- 7.R. L. Miller, Metall. Trans., 3 (1972), pp.515-535.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Torizuka, A. Ohmori, and K. Nagai: ISIJ Int., 2004, vol. 6, pp. 1063–71.Google Scholar
- 11.T. Hayashi and K. Nagai: Trans. Jpn. Soc., Mech. Eng. A, 2002, vol. 68, p. 1553.Google Scholar
- 19.J.G. Speer and B.C. De Cooman: Fundamentals of Steel Product Physical Metallurgy, AIST, 2011.Google Scholar
- 24.J. P. Hirth, J. Lothe, Theory of Dislocations, Wiley, New York, USA, 1992.Google Scholar
- 25.I. Gutierrez: Metalurgija, vol. 11, 2005, p. 201.Google Scholar
- 26.G. R. Speich, J. Warlimont, Iron Steel Inst., 206 (1968), p. 385.Google Scholar
- 27.A. Perlade, O. Bouaziz, Q. Furnèmont, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, A356 (2003), pp. 145-152.Google Scholar
- 28.M. Tokizane, N. Matsumura, K. Tsuzaki, T. Maki, I. Tamura, Metall. Trans. A, 13 (1982), pp. 1379-1388.Google Scholar
- 29.S. Takaki, K. Takeda, N. Nakada, and T. Tsuchiyama: IAS 2008, Pohang, South Korea, B.C. De Cooman, N. Akdut, H.S. Kim, eds., 2008, p. 107.Google Scholar