Current Status and Problem-Solving Strategies for Ginseng Industry
- 16 Downloads
Ginseng is a plant in the family Araliaceae and the genus Panax with the formal name of Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer and the treasure of traditional herbal medicine resources as the “king of herbs”. Ginseng has been traditionally used for over 2,000 years in Asian countries, especially in China and Republic of Korea. During the ginseng industry chain, the cultivation in farmland and seed breeding are important for sustainable development of ginseng resources. Active components in ginseng including ginsenosides, polysaccharides, phenolic compound and their therapeutic benefits for multiple diseases are being studied. This paper aimed to review current research status and problem-solving strategies for each step of ginseng industry, including ginseng growing cultivation and seed resources, basic and clinical studies as well as comparison of ginseng industry between China and Republic of Korea, hoping to provide a reference for research direction and future development of ginseng industry.
Keywordsginseng cultivation in farmland functional mechanism review
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Xin MT, Yang G, Tang XJ. Research on ginseng trade competitiveness between China and Korea. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2017;42:1803–1807.Google Scholar
- 8.Shen L, Li XW, Xu J, Dong LL, Zhang NW, Naoli F, et al. Research on technology regulation of non-polluted cultivation and strategies of Panax ginseng cultivation in farmland. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2017;42:3267–3274.Google Scholar
- 9.Shen L, Wu J, Li XW, Xu J, Dong LL, Sang MC, et al. A study of global ecological adaptability and field selection practices of Panax ginseng. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2016;41:3314–3322.Google Scholar
- 10.Xu J, Dong LL, Wang R, Niu WH, Zhang NW, Naoki F, et al. Soil improvement promoted micro-ecology of farmlands for ginseng cultivation. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2017;42:875–881.Google Scholar
- 11.Guo LL, Guo S, Dong LL, Shen L, Li XW, Xu J. et al. Key techniques for precision cultivation of nitrogenous fertilizer of pollution-free ginseng. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2018;43:1427–1433.Google Scholar
- 13.Shen L, Xu J, Dong LL, Li XW, Chen SL. Cropping system and research strategies in Panax ginseng. China J Chin Mater Med (Chin) 2015;40:3367–3373.Google Scholar