Chinese Medicine Shensong Yangxin Capsule (参松养心胶囊) Ameliorates Myocardial Microcirculation Dysfunction in Rabbits with Chronic Myocardial Infarction
- 7 Downloads
To investigate the effect of Chinese compound Shensong Yangxin Capsule (参松养心 胶囊, SSYX) on myocardial microcirculation in myocardial-infarcted rabbits.
Myocardial infarction (MI) was established in rabbits by ligation of the left circumflfl ex coronary. Thirty rabbits were randomly divided into the control group, the MI group (model), and the MI treated with SSYX group (MI+SSYX) by a random number table method. After 4 weeks of administration, low-energy real-time myocardial contrast echocardiography (RT-MCE) was conducted to assess the microcirculatory perfusion. Immunoflfl uorescence double staining was used to detect the capillary density. The endothelial ultrastructure was observed with a transmission electron microscope. The mRNA expression levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), endothelin 1 (ET-1), prostaglandin I2 (PGI2) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) were measured by real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (Real-time PCR). The plasmic levels of ET-1, thromboxane A2 (TXA2), nitric oxide (NO) and von willebrand factor (vWF) were examined with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA).
SSYX signififi cantly improved the myocardial blood volume, myocardial micro bubble velocity, and myocardial inflfl ow according to the examination of RT-MCE, and it visibly ameliorated the capillary endothelial structure. Furthermore, compared with the MI group, the plasma levels of TXA2, ET-1 and vWF contents signififi cantly decreased in the MI+SSYX group, and the ET-1 mRNA expression levels of myocardium in the border zone significantly decreased, and the VEGF, PGI2 and eNOS mRNA expression levels signififi cantly increased (all P<0.05).
SSYX has favorable advantages in ameliorating the impaired myocardial microcirculation following MI. The mechanisms of the effect are related to the ability of SSYX in balancing the endothelial-derived vasodilators and vasoconstrictors, and up-regulating the expression of VEGF and eNOS.
Keywordsmyocardial infarction microcirculation endothelium angiogenesis Shensong Yangxin Capsule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ezekowitz JA, Armstrong PW, Granger CB, Theroux P, Stebbins A, Kim RJ, et al. Predicting chronic left ventricular dysfunction 90 days after ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: an assessment of pexelizumab in acute myocardial infarction (APEX-AMI) substudy. Am Heart J 2010;160:272–278.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Sara JD, Widmer RJ, Matsuzawa Y, Lennon RJ, Lerman LO, Lerman A. Prevalence of coronary microvascular dysfunction among patients with chest pain and nonobstructive coronary artery disease. JACC: Cardiovasc Interv 2015;8:1445–1453.Google Scholar
- 10.Liu Y, Li N, Jia Z, Lu F, Pu J. Chinese medicine Shensong Yangxin is effective for patients with bradycardia: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled multicenter trial. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014;2014:605714.Google Scholar
- 11.Liu M, Zhao S, Wang Y, Liu T, Li S, Wang H, et al. Identifi cation of multiple constituents in Chinese medicinal prescription Shensong Yangxin Capsule by ultra-fast liquid chromatography combined with quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr Sci 2015;53:240–252.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Wang J, Li J, Feng B. Shensong Yangxin Capsule combined with antiarrhythmic drugs, a new integrative medicine therapy, for the treatment of frequent premature ventricular contractions (FPVC): a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014;2014:976713.Google Scholar
- 17.Falcao SN, Rochitte CE, Junior WM, Quaglia L, Lemos PA, Sbano JC, et al. Incremental value of perfusion over wallmotion abnormalities with the use of dobutamine-atropine stress myocardial contrast echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging for detecting coronary artery disease. Echocardiography 2013;30:45–54.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 25.Duncker DJ, Merkus D. Regulation of coronary blood fl ow. Effect of coronary artery stenosis. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 2004;97:1244–1250.Google Scholar