A randomized controlled single-blind clinical trial on 84 outpatients with psoriasis vulgaris by auricular therapy combined with optimized Yinxieling Formula (银屑灵优化方)
- 372 Downloads
To explore the therapeutic effect of auricular therapy combined with optimized Yinxieling Formula (银屑灵优化方) on psoriasis vulgaris.
A randomized controlled single-blind clinical trial on 84 outpatients with psoriasis vulgaris was conducted. The patients were randomized to a treatment group (43 cases treated by auricular therapy combined with optimized Yinxieling Formula) and a control group (41 cases treated by optimized Yinxieling Formula alone) according to a random number generated by SPSS 17.0 software. The treatment duration for both groups was 8 weeks. The therapeutic effect was comprehensively measured by the primary outcome measure [Psoriasis Area and Severity Index (PASI) reduction rate] and the secondary outcome measure [PASI, Visual Analogue Scale (VAS), Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI), Self-rating Depression Scale (SDS), and Self-rating Anxiety Scale (SAS)]. The outcomes of both groups were obtained and compared before and after the intervention.
The PASI reduction rate in the treatment group was 74.4% (32/43), which was higher than that in the control group (36.6%, 15/41, P<0.01). The PASI scores decreased in both groups after treatment and was lower in the treatment group compared with the control group P<0.01). With stratified analysis, there were significant differences between the PASI scores in the following subgroups: age 18–30, baseline PASI>10 and stable stage (P<0.05). DLQI decreased in both groups on some categories after treatment, but there were no significant differences between the two groups in SDS, SAS and VAS (P >0.05). No obvious adverse reactions were found in either group.
The therapeutic effect of auricular therapy combined with Optimized Yinxieling Formula was superior to Optimized Yinxieling Formula alone with no obvious adverse reaction.
Keywordspsoriasis vulgaris auricular therapy optimized Yinxieling Formula efficacy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ding XL, Wang TL, Shen YW, Wang XY, Zhou C, Tian S, et al. Prevalence of psoriasis in China: an epidemiological survey in six provinces. Chin J Dermatol Venereol (Chin) 2010;24:598–601.Google Scholar
- 4.Bao LL, Yang XH. The progress of acupuncture on treating psoriasis. Yunnan Chin Med (Chin) 2010;31(2):69–71.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang L, Huang YJ, Wang MH. Clinical observation of Yinxieling Formula for the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. J Guangzhou Univ Tradit Chin Med (Chin) 2009;26:520–525.Google Scholar
- 6.Yan YH, Lu CJ. Optimized Yinxieling for treatment of psoriasis vulgaris: an exploratory clinical trial. Tradit Chin Drug Res Clin Pharmacol (Chin) 2011;22:691–693.Google Scholar
- 8.Gates S, Smith LA, Foxcroft DR. Auricular acupuncture for cocaine dependence. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006;25(1):CD005192.Google Scholar
- 11.Qing H, Tian YS, Fan JM, Tang BY, Niu HQ, Lu JY. Meridian three-combined therapy for treatment of ordinary psoriasis: a multi-center randomized controlled study. Chin Acupunt Moxibust (Chin) 2009;29:181–184.Google Scholar
- 12.Psoriasis Group of Dermatology and Venereology, Chinese Medical Association. Clinical guidelines of psoriasis 2008. Chin J Dermatol (Chin) 2009;42:213–214.Google Scholar
- 16.White S, Vender R, Thaçi D, Haverkamp C, Naeyaert JM, Foster R, et al. Use of calcipotriene cream (Dovonex cream) following acute treatment of psoriasis vulgaris with the calcipotriene/betamethasone dipropionate two-compound product (Taclonex): a randomized, parallel-group clinical trial. Am J Clin Dermatol 2006;7:177–184.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Gina L, Kathy R, Gail S. Alefacept for chronic plaque psoriasis: a selective therapy: clinical efficacy of alefacept. dermatol nurs. 2003;15(3):7–12.Google Scholar
- 19.Ma XP. Auricular cutting combined with acupuncture treat 115 patients of psoriasis. Chin Acupunct Moxibust (Chin) 2004;24:254.Google Scholar
- 24.Xu LP, Bao DH. Therapeutic effect of treating psoriasis by “cutting therapy” at the eardrum. Acta Acad Med CPAPF (Chin) 2006;15:474.Google Scholar
- 25.Yin GZ, Zhen LJ. Clinical observation and nursing care of venesection blood letting on treating 72 cases of blood-heat psoriasis. Xinjiang Chin Med (Chin) 2009;27(5):13–15.Google Scholar