Effect of traditional and integrative regimens on quality of life and early renal impairment in elderly patients with isolated systolic hypertension
- 92 Downloads
To observe the effect of Chinese medical regimen and integrative medical regimen on quality of life and early renal impairment in elderly patients with isolated systolic hypertension (EISH).
A multi-center, randomized, double-blinded controlled trail was adopted. A total of 270 cases of EISH were randomly divided into 3 groups: Chinese medicine group (CM), combination group and Western medicine group (WM). The course of treatment was 4 weeks. The clinical blood pressure, integral of quality of life (SF-36 scale), immunoglubin G (IgG), microalbumin (mALB), β2-microglobulin (β2-MG), transferrin (TRF) and N-acetyl-β′-D-glucosa-minidase (NAG) in urine were determined before and after the treatment.
After treatment, systolic blood pressure depressed significantly in each group (P<0.05), and the combination group was superior to CM or WM group in depressing SBP (P<0.05); in each group, integral of quality of life improved in different degree, and combination group was superior to WM group in all 8 dimensions (P<0.05). The level of mALB and β2-MG in urine decreased in all groups (P<0.05), and the combination group was superior to CM group or WM group in decreasing mALB (P<0.05).
Chinese medical regimen has affirmative effect in treating EISH patients, and could lower the systolic blood pressure, improve quality of life and early renal impairment of the patients, and integrative medical regimen has superiority on account of cooperation, and deserves further study.
Keywordshypertension elderly Chinese medicine integrative medicine quality of life early renal impairment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu JY, Li SQ. The detection methods of the early renal disease of hypertension. Med Recapitulate (Chin) 2006;12:828–829.Google Scholar
- 3.Amendment Committee of Chinese Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension. China guideline for the prevention and Treatment of hypertension in 2005. (updated version, 2005). Beijing: People’s Medical Publishing House; 2006:20.Google Scholar
- 4.Li H, Cui L, Xu LR, Luo ZG. Clinical study on Jiangya Capsules for treatment of 24 cases of senile simple systolic hypertension. J Tradit Chin Med (Chin) 2004;45:26–28.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang XC, Chen T. The clinical application of urinary albumin detection on the diagnosis of early renal damage of hypertension. Lab Med Clin (Chin) 2006; 3:25–26.Google Scholar
- 10.Tang MF. The clinical research of traditional and West integrative medical treatment of the renal damage of hypertension. Chin J Integr Med Cardio-/Cerebrovasc Dis (Chin) 2008;6:1265–1267.Google Scholar
- 11.Wan LL, Sun DX. The detection value of urinary protein and urinary enzyme for early diagnosis of renal damage of hypertensive. Chin Health Med (Chin) 2007;15:76–77.Google Scholar