Treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease by Qianggan Capsule (强肝胶囊)
- 126 Downloads
To observe the therapeutic effect and safety of Qianggan Capsule (强肝胶囊, QGC) in treating non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), using polyene phosphatidylcholine capsule (PPC) as a reference.
Eighty-eight patients with NAFLD were randomly assigned to two groups, 45 in the treatment group treated with QGC and 43 in the control group treated with PPC. The course of treatment lasted for 6 months. Changes in liver function, blood lipids, and iconographic indexes before and after treatment were observed, and clinical efficacy was evaluated.
In the treatment group, alanine aminotransferase (ALT) was lowered significantly from 56.02±32.59 IU/L before treatment to 38.27±22.68 IU/L after treatment, and CT liver/spleen ratio significantly increased from 0.69±0.18 to 0.91±0.25, showing statistical significance (P<0.05); in contrast, the corresponding changes of the two indexes in the control group were 56.56±26.33 IU/L to 49.67±26.22 IU/L, and 0.66±0.20 to 0.75±0.24, respectively, the pre-post treatment difference showing insignificant difference (P>0.05). No severe adverse reactions occurred during the whole treatment course.
QGC is an effective and safe remedy for the treatment of NAFLD.
Keywordsnon-alcoholic fatty liver disease Chinese medicinal therapy Qianggan Capsule polyene phosphatidylcholine capsule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fatty Liver and Alcoholic Liver Disease Study Group of Chinese Society of Hepatology, Chinese Medical Association. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases. Chin J Hepatol (Chin) 2006;14:161–163.Google Scholar
- 3.Li F, Fan JG, Cai XB. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease promotes the development of metabolic abnormalities. Chin Hepatol 2006;11:7–11.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang L, Jia JD. Pathogenesis of non-alcoholic fatty liver and pharmacotherapy. Clin Med J (Chin) 2005;3(4):21–23.Google Scholar
- 5.Zeng MD. Stress on research of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Chin J Hepatol (Chin) 2003;11(2):69–70.Google Scholar
- 7.Cheng CX, Peng JH, Zhao YD, Yin JP. Ultrasound and CT quantitative diagnosis of diffuse fatty infiltration of the liver. Chin Imaging J Integr Tradit West Med (Chin) 2006;4:440–441.Google Scholar
- 8.Zou Q, Wang B, Li LX, Lu SJ, Sun XH. Single-energy CT quantitative diagnosis of fatty liver: an experimental study. J Clin Radiol (Chin) 2002;21:150–154.Google Scholar
- 9.Zeng BH, Huang DZ, Fan LY. Clinical observation of the treatment on fatty liver by Essentiale. Pract Clin J Integr Tradit Chin West Med (Chin) 2006;6(10):25–26.Google Scholar
- 10.Ding XC, Ma LN, Zhang X. Influence of Qianggan Capsule on indexes of hepatic fibrosis in patients of chronic liver disease. Chin J Integr Tradit West Med Dig (Chin) 2003;11:351.Google Scholar