Output Feedback Stabilization for MIMO Semi-linear Stochastic Systems with Transient Optimisation
This paper investigates the stabilisation problem and consider transient optimisation for a class of the multi-input-multi-output (MIMO) semi-linear stochastic systems. A control algorithm is presented via an m-block backstepping controller design where the closed-loop system has been stabilized in a probabilistic sense and the transient performance is optimisable by optimised by searching the design parameters under the given criterion. In particular, the transient randomness and the probabilistic decoupling will be investigated as case studies. Note that the presented control algorithm can be potentially extended as a framework based on the various performance criteria. To evaluate the effectiveness of this proposed control framework, a numerical example is given with simulation results. In summary, the key contributions of this paper are stated as follows: 1) one block backstepping-based output feedback control design is developed to stabilize the dynamic MIMO semi-linear stochastic systems using a linear estimator; 2) the randomness and probabilistic couplings of the system outputs have been minimized based on the optimisation of the design parameters of the controller; 3) a control framework with transient performance enhancement of multi-variable semi-linear stochastic systems has been discussed.
KeywordsMulti-input-multi-output (MIMO) stochastic systems output feedback stabilisation block backstepping randomness attenuation probabilistic decoupling mutual information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We would like to thank the editor and the reviewers for their valuable comments. This work was supported by Higher Education Innovation Fund (No. HEIF 2018-2020), De Montfort University, Leicester, UK.
- S. J. Liu, J. F. Zhang, Z. P. Jiang. Decentralized adaptive output-feedback stabilization for large-scale stochastic nonlinear systems. Automatica, vol. 43, no. 2, 238–251, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2006.08.028.
- S. C. Tong, T. Wang, Y. M. Li, H. G. Zhang. Adaptive neural network output feedback control for stochastic non-linear systems with unknown dead-zone and unmodeled dynamics. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 44, no. 6, 910–921, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2013.2276043.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- W. S. Chen, L. C. Jiao, J. Li, R. H. Li. Adaptive NN backstepping output-feedback control for stochastic nonlinear strict-feedback systems with time-varying delays. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B (Cybernetics), vol. 40, no. 3, 939–950, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCB.2009.2033808.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, J. L. Zhou, H. Wang, T. Y. Chai. Output feedback stabilization for a class of multi-variable bilinear stochastic systems with stochastic coupling attenuation. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 62, no. 6, 2936–2942, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2016.2604683.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, J. L. Zhou, H. Wang, T. Y. Chai. Minimized coupling in probability sense for a class of multivariate dynamic stochastic control systems. In Proceedings of the 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, IEEE, Osaka, Japan, pp. 1846–1851, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CDC.2015.7402479.Google Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, L. Hu. Probabilistic decoupling control for stochastic non-linear systems using EKF-based dynamic set-point adjustment. In Proceedings of the UKACC 12th International Conference on Control, IEEE, Sheffield, UK, pp. 330–335, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CONTROL.2018.8516784.Google Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, F. Sepulveda. A model study of the neural interaction via mutual coupling factor identification. In Proceedings of the 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, IEEE, Seogwipo, South Korea, pp. 3329–3332, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/EMBC.2017.8037569.
- M. Ren, J. Zhang, M. Jiang, M. Yu, J. Xu. Minimum (h, ϕ)-entropy control for non-Gaussian stochastic networked control systems and its application to a networked DC motor control system. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 23, no. 1, 406–411, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2014.2324978.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- L. N. Yao, J. F. Qin, H. Wang, B. Jiang. Design of new fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control scheme for non-Gaussian singular stochastic distribution systems. Automatica, vol. 48, no. 9, 2305–2313, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2012.06.036.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, L. Hu, J. Gow. Output feedback stabilization for dynamic MIMO semi-linear stochastic systems with output randomness attenuation. In Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Automation and Computing, IEEE, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, pp. 1–6, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23919/IConAC.2018.8748997.
- F. Qin, Q. L. Zhang, W. X. Zhang, Y. Yang, J. L. Ding, X. W. Dai. Link quality estimation in industrial temporal fading channel with augmented Kalman filter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 15, no. 4, 1936–1946, 2019. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2018.2859919.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Y. Y. Zhou, Q. C. Zhang, H. Wang. Enhanced performance controller design for stochastic systems by adding extra state estimation onto the existing closed loop control. In Proceedings of the UKACC 11th International Conference on Control, IEEE, Belfast, UK, pp. 1–6, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/CONTROL.2016.7737531.Google Scholar
- Q. C. Zhang, A. P. Wang, H. Wang. Minimum mutual information control for multi-variable non-Gaussian stochastic systems. In Proceedings of International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems, IEEE, Beijing, China, pp. 497–502, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICAMechS.2015.7287161.Google Scholar
- C. G. Yang, Y. M. Jiang, W. He, J. Na, Z. J. Li, B. Xu. Adaptive parameter estimation and control design for robot manipulators with finite-time convergence. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 65, no. 10, 8112–8123, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2018.2803773.CrossRefGoogle Scholar