Predictive Control Based on Fuzzy Supervisor for PWARX Hybrid Model
In this paper, the problem of hybrid model predictive control (HMPC) strategy based on fuzzy supervisor for piecewise autoregressive with exogenous input (PWARX) models is addressed. We first represent the nonlinear behavior of the system with a PWARX model. Then, we transform the obtained PWARX model into a mixed logical dynamic (MLD) model in order to apply the proposed predictive control which is able to stabilize such systems along desired reference trajectories while satisfying operating constraints. Finally, we propose to introduce a fuzzy supervisor allowing the readjustment of the HMPC tuning parameters in order to maintain the desired performance. Simulation and experimental results are presented to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
KeywordsNonlinear control hybrid systems mixed logical dynamic (MLD) model predictive control fuzzy supervisor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Karelovic, E. Putz, A. Cipriano. A framework for hybrid model predictive control in mineral processing. Control Engineering Practice, vol. 40, pp. 1–12, 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.conengprac.2015.02.006.Google Scholar
- X. Q. Sun, C. C. Yuan, Y. F. Cai, S. H. Wang, L. Chen. Model predictive control of an air suspension system with damping multi–mode switching damper based on hybrid model. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 94, pp. 94–110, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2017.02.033.Google Scholar
- M. Fiacchini, T. Alamo, I. Alvarado, E. F. Camacho. Safety verification and adaptive model predictive control of the hybrid dynamics of a fuel cell system. International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 142–160, 2008. DOI: 10.1002/(ISSN)1099–1115.MathSciNetCrossRefzbMATHGoogle Scholar
- A. Makhorin. GLPK (GNU Linear Programming Kit) Users Guide, 2003.Google Scholar
- IBM ILOG. Cplex optimization studio cplex user's manual, 2015.Google Scholar
- XPRESS–MP User Guide. Dash Associates. Blisworth House, Blisworth, Northants, UK, 1997.Google Scholar
- C. L. Zhang, Y. P. Xu, Z. J. Xu, J. He, J. Wang, J. H. Adu. A fuzzy neural network based dynamic data allocation model on heterogeneous multi–GPUs for large–scale computations. International Journal of Automation and Computing, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 181–193, 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s11633–018–1120–4.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- T. J. Ross. Fuzzy Logic with Engineering Applications, New York, USA: John Wiley & Sons, 2009.Google Scholar
- W. P. M. H. Heemels, B. DeSchutter, A. Bemporad. On the equivalence of classes of hybrid dynamical models. In Proceedings of the 40th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Orlando, USA, pp. 364–369, 2001.Google Scholar
- F. B. Aicha, F. Bouani, M. Ksouri. A multivariable multiobjective predictive controller. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 355, 2013. DOI: 10.2478/amcs–2013–0004.Google Scholar