Rotation Scaling and Translation Invariants of 3D Radial Shifted Legendre Moments
- 102 Downloads
This paper proposes a new set of 3D rotation scaling and translation invariants of 3D radially shifted Legendre moments. We aim to develop two kinds of transformed shifted Legendre moments: a 3D substituted radial shifted Legendre moments (3DSRSLMs) and a 3D weighted radial one (3DWRSLMs). Both are centered on two types of polynomials. In the first case, a new 3D radial complex moment is proposed. In the second case, new 3D substituted/weighted radial shifted Legendre moments (3DSRSLMs/3DWRSLMs) are introduced using a spherical representation of volumetric image. 3D invariants as derived from the suggested 3D radial shifted Legendre moments will appear in the third case. To confirm the proposed approach, we have resolved three issues. To confirm the proposed approach, we have resolved three issues: rotation, scaling and translation invariants. The result of experiments shows that the 3DSRSLMs and 3DWRSLMs have done better than the 3D radial complex moments with and without noise. Simultaneously, the reconstruction converges rapidly to the original image using 3D radial 3DSRSLMs and 3DWRSLMs, and the test of 3D images are clearly recognized from a set of images that are available in Princeton shape benchmark (PSB) database for 3D image.
Keywords3D radial complex moments 3D radial shifted Legendre radial moments radial shifted Legendre polynomials 3D image reconstruction 3D rotation scaling translation invariants 3D image recognition computational complexities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Shen. Orthogonal Gaussian–hermite moments for image characterization. In Proceedings of SPIE 3208, Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision XVI: Algorithms, Techniques, Active Vision, and Materials Handling, SPIE, Pittsburgh, USA, vol. 3280, pp. 224–233, 1997.Google Scholar
- A. Mesbah, A. Zouhri, M. El Mallahi, K. Zenkouar, H. Qjidaa. Robust reconstruction and generalized dual Hahn moments invariants extraction for 3D images. 3D Research, vol. 8, article number 7, 2017. DOI: 10.1007/ s13319-016-0113-8.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Mesbah, H. El Fadili, K. Zenkouar, H. Qjidaa. Compact computation of tchebichef moments for 3D object representation. WSEAS Transactions on Circuits and Systems, vol. 13, pp. 368–380, 2014.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Zouhri, A. Mesbah, H. Qjidaa. 3D radial invariant of dual Hahn moments. Neural Computing and Applications, Online First. DOI: 10.1007/s00521-016-2782-x.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Zouhri, A. Mesbah, A. Berrahou, I. El Affar, H. Qjidaa. Radial invariant of 2D and 3D racah moments. Multimedia Tools and Application, Online First. DOI: 10.1007/s11042-017-4573-5.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Zouhri, A. El Affar, A. Tahiri, H. Qjidaa. Radial Hahn moment invariants for 2D and 3D image recognition. International Journal of Automation and Computing, Online First. DOI: 10.1007/s11633-017-1071-1.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Mesbah, H. Karmouni, A. El Affar, A. Tahiri, H. Qjidaa. Radial Charlier moment invariants for 2D object/image recognition. In proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems, IEEE, Marrakech, Morocco, pp. 41–45, 2016.Google Scholar
- M. El Mallahi, A. Zouhri, J. El-Mekkaoui, H. Qjidaa. Radial meixner moments for rotational invariant pattern recognition. Intelligent Systems and Computer Vision, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/ISACV.2017.8054943.Google Scholar
- B. Xiao, Y. H. Zhang, L. P. Li, W. S. Li, G. Y. Wang. Explicit Krawtchouk moment invariants for invariant image recognition. Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 25, no. 2, Article number 023002, 2016.Google Scholar
- F. Retter, C. Plant, B. Burgeth, G. Botella, T. Schlossbauer, A. Meyer-Bäse. Computer-aided diagnosis for diagnostically challenging breast lesions in DCE-MRI based on image registration and integration of morphologic and dynamic characteristics. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 157, pp. 1–9, 2013. DOI: 10.1186/1687-6180-2013-157.Google Scholar
- Shape Analysis Group. McGill 3D Shape Benchmark,[Online], Available: http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~%20shape/ benchMark/.Google Scholar