Decomposition based fuzzy model predictive control approaches for interconnected nonlinear systems
This paper proposes fuzzy model predictive control (FMPC) strategies for nonlinear interconnected systems based mainly on a system decomposition approach. First, the Takagi-Sugeno (TS) fuzzy model is formulated in such a way to describe the behavior of the nonlinear system. Based on that description, a fuzzy model predictive control is determined. The system under consideration is decomposed into several subsystems. For each subsystem, the main idea consists of the decomposition of the control action into two parts: The decentralized part contains the parameters of the subsystem and the centralized part contains the elements of other subsystems. According to such decomposition, two strategies are defined aiming to circumvent the problems caused by interconnection between subsystems. The feasibility and efficiency of the proposed method are illustrated through numerical examples.
KeywordsModel predictive control centralized control decentralized control Takagi-Sugeno (TS) fuzzy models interconnected nonlinear systems fuzzy model predictive control parallel distributed compensation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Vaccarini, S. Longhi, R. Katebi. State space stability analysis of unconstrained decentralized model predictive control systems. In Proceedings of the American Control Conference, IEEE, Minneapolis, USA, pp. 159–164, 2006.Google Scholar
- K. Menighed, C. Aubrun, J. J. Yame. Distributed state estimation and model predictive control: Application to fault tolerant control. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation, IEEE, Christchurch, New Zealand, pp. 936–941, 2009.Google Scholar
- S. Longhi, R. Trillini, M. Vaccarini. Application of a networked decentralized MPC to syngas process in oil industry. In Proceedings of the 16th IFACWorld Congress, IFAC, Prague, Czech Republic, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1645–1650, 2005.Google Scholar
- K. Kalsi, J. M. Lian, S. H. Zak. Decentralized control of multimachine power systems. In Proceedings of the American Control Conference, IEEE, Saint-Louis, USA, pp. 2122–2127, 2009.Google Scholar
- O. Demir, J. Lunze. A decomposition approach to decentralized and distributed control of spatially interconnected systems. In Proceedings of the 18th IFAC World Congress, IFAC, Milano, Italy, pp. 9109–9114, 2011.Google Scholar
- P. R. Pagilla, N. B. Siraskar. Robust controllers for largescale interconnected systems: Applications to web processing machines. Current Trends in Nonlinear Systems and Control: Systems and Control: Foundations and Applications, L. Menini, L. Zaccarian, C. T. Abdallah, Eds., Berlin, Germany: Springer, pp. 387–406, 2006.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- L. Dalhoumi, M. Djemel, M. Chtourou, Fuzzy predictive control based on Takagi-Sugeno model for nonlinear systems. In Proceedings of the 7th International Multi-Conference on Systems Signals and Devices, IEEE, Amman, Jordon, pp. 1–7, 2010.Google Scholar