PSO optimal control of model-free adaptive control for PVC polymerization process
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) polymerizing process is a typical complicated industrial process with the characteristics of large inertia, big time delay and nonlinearity. Firstly, for the general nonlinear and discrete time system, a design scheme of model-free adaptive (MFA) controller is given. Then, particle swarm optimization (PSO) algorithm is applied to optimizing and setting the key parameters for controller tuning. After that, the MFA controller is used to control the system of polymerizing temperature. Finally, simulation results are given to show that the MAC strategy based on PSO obtains a good controlling performance index.
KeywordsPolyvinyl chloride (PVC) polymerization temperature model-free adaptive control particle swarm optimization (PSO) algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by University of Science and Technology Liaoning, National Financial Security and System Equipment Engineering Research Center (No.USTLKFGJ201502).
- Y. Li, L. Q. Yao, J. F. Li. Present status of PVC and development. China Chlor-Alkali, no. 3, pp. 1–3, 2006. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- H. F. Ni, K. Debelak, D. Hunkeler. Fuzzy logic supervised ANN feedforward control for a batch polymerization reactor. In Proceedings of American Control Conference, IEEE, Seattle, WA, USA, pp. 1777–1781, 1995.Google Scholar
- Q. L. Yang, H. P. Zhang, H. S. Liu. Intelligent control system of chloroethylene polyreaction process. Control and Instruments in Chemical Industry, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 66–68, 2007. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Z. Y. Zhou, G. B. Xu. Optimized PVC polymerization kettle temperature system design scheme. In Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, IEEE, Yichang, China, pp. 2418–2412, 2011.Google Scholar
- S. Z. Gao, J. S. Wang, N. Zhao. Fault diagnosis method of polymerization kettle equipment based on rough sets and BP neural network. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article number 768018, 2013.Google Scholar
- K. K. Tan, S. N. Huang, T. H. Lee, F. M. Leu. Adaptivepredictive PI control of a class of SISO systems. In Proceedings of American Control Conference, IEEE, San Diego, CA, USA, pp. 3848–3852, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. G. Lei. Tin thickness model-free adaptive control system for tinning line. Control Engineering China, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 423–425, 2005. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S. Y. Zhang. Symmetric and similar structures of complex control systems. Control Theory & Applications, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 231–237, 1994. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- S. Dhabal, P. Venkateswaran. Two-dimensional IIR filter design using simulated annealing based particle swarm optimization. Journal of Optimization, vol. 2014, Article number 239721, 2014.Google Scholar
- S. Q. Chen, W. G. Xiao, L. J. Zeng, H. H. Wu. Optimal control of polymerization reactor. Control and Instruments in Chemical Industry, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 10–12, 2000. (in Chinese)Google Scholar