Adaptive backstepping sliding mode trajectory tracking control for a quad-rotor
- 601 Downloads
A quad-rotor aircraft is an under-actuated, strongly coupled nonlinear system with parameter uncertainty and un-modeled disturbance. In order to make the aircraft track the desired trajectory, a nested double-loops control system is adopted in this paper. A position error proportional-derivative (PD) controller is designed as the outer-loop controller based on the coupling action between rotational and translational movement, and an adaptive backstepping sliding mode control algorithm is used to stabilize the attitude. Finally, both the numerical simulation and prototype experiment are utilized to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed control system.
KeywordsQuad-rotor nested double-loops coupling action adaptive backstepping sliding mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Z. Fang, Z. Zhi, L. Jun, W. Jian. Feedback linearization and continuous sliding mode control for a quadrotor UAV. In Proceedings of the 27th Chinese Control Conference, IEEE, Kunming, China, pp. 349–353, 2008.Google Scholar
- A. Hably, N. Marchand. Global stabilization of a four rotor helicopter with bounded inputs. In Proceedings of 2007 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IEEE, San Diego, USA, pp. 129–134, 2007.Google Scholar
- M. Bouchoucha, M. Tadjine, P. Müllhaupt, A. Tayebi. Step by step robust nonlinear PI for attitude stabilisation of a four-rotor mini-aircraft. In Proceedings of the 16th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, IEEE, Ajaccio, France, pp. 1276–1283, 2008.Google Scholar
- T. Madani, A. Benallegue. Control of a quadrotor minihelicopter via full state backstepping technique. In Proceedings of the 45th IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, San Diego, USA, pp. 1515–1520, 2006.Google Scholar
- T. Madani, A. Benallegue. Backstepping control for a quadrotor helicopter. In Proceedings of 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IEEE, Beijing, China, pp. 3255–3260, 2006.Google Scholar
- A. J. Koshkouei, A. S. I. Zinober. Adaptive backstepping control of nonlinear systems with unmatched uncertainty. In Proceedings of the 39th IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, IEEE, Sydney, Australia, pp. 4765–4770, 2000.Google Scholar