Fault tolerant control for networked control systems with packet loss and time delay
- 234 Downloads
In this paper, a fault tolerant control with the consideration of actuator fault for a networked control system (NCS) with packet loss is addressed. The NCS with data packet loss can be described as a switched system model. Packet loss dependent Lyapunov function is used and a fault tolerant controller is proposed respectively for arbitrary packet loss process and Markovian packet loss process. Considering a controlled plant with external energy-bounded disturbance, a robust H ∞ fault tolerant controller is designed for the NCS. These results are also expanded to the NCS with packet loss and networked-induced delay. Numerical examples are given to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed design method.
KeywordsFault tolerant control networked control system (NCS) packet loss actuator fault time delay
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Y. Chow, Y. Tipsuwan. Network-based control systems: A tutorial. In Proceedings of the 27th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IEEE, Denver, USA, vol. 3, pp. 1593–1602, 2001.Google Scholar
- M. Yu, L. Wang, T. G. Chu, G. M. Xie. Stabilization of networked control systems with data packet dropout and network delays via switching system approach. In Proceedings of the 43rd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, IEEE, Paradise Island, Bahamas, vol. 4, pp. 3539–3544, 2004.Google Scholar
- D. H. Zhou, Y. Z. Ye. Modern Fault Detection and Fault Tolerant Control, Beijing, PRC: Tsinghua University, 2000. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- P. Zhang, S. X. Ding, P. M. Frank, M. Sadert. Fault detection of networked control systems with missing measurements. In Proceedings of the 5th Asian Control Conference, IEEE, Melbourne, Australia, vol. 2, pp. 1258–1263, 2004.Google Scholar
- Y. Q. Wang, S. X. Ding, P. Zhang, W. Li, H. Ye, G. Z. Wang. Fault detection of networked control system with packet dropout. In Proceedings of the 17th World Congress on the International Federation of Automatic Control, Seoul, Korea, pp. 8884–8889, 2008.Google Scholar