Adaptive terminal sliding mode control for rigid robotic manipulators
- 615 Downloads
In order to apply the terminal sliding mode control to robot manipulators, prior knowledge of the exact upper bound of parameter uncertainties, and external disturbances is necessary. However, this bound will not be easily determined because of the complexity and unpredictability of the structure of uncertainties in the dynamics of the robot. To resolve this problem in robot control, we propose a new robust adaptive terminal sliding mode control for tracking problems in robotic manipulators. By applying this adaptive controller, prior knowledge is not required because the controller is able to estimate the upper bound of uncertainties and disturbances. Also, the proposed controller can eliminate the chattering effect without losing the robustness property. The stability of the control algorithm can be easily verified by using Lyapunov theory. The proposed controller is tested in simulation on a two-degree-of-freedom robot to prove its effectiveness.
KeywordsTerminal sliding mode sliding mode control adaptive control of robot robust control Lyapunov method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Kelly, V. Santibanez, A. Loria. Control of Robot Manipulators in Joint Space, Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2005.Google Scholar
- Y. Z. Guo, P. Y. Woo. Adaptive fuzzy sliding mode control for robotic manipulators. In Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, IEEE, Maui, USA, vol. 3, pp. 2174–2179, 2003.Google Scholar
- Q. H. Nguyen, E. Kreuzer. A robust adaptive sliding mode controller for remotely operated vehicles. Technische Mechanik, vol. 28, no. 3–4, pp. 185–193, 2007.Google Scholar
- U. Vadim, G. Jurgen, J. X. Shi. Sliding Mode Control in Electro-mechanical Systems, UK: CRS Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- S. H. Yu, X. H. Yu, R. Stonier. Continuous finite time control for robotic manipulators with terminal sliding modes. In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of Information Fusion, IEEE, vol. 2, pp. 1433–1440, 2003.Google Scholar
- Y. C. Huang, T. Z. S. Li. Fuzzy terminal sliding-mode controller for robotic manipulators. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics, IEEE, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 858–863, 2005.Google Scholar
- Z. H. Man, X. Yu. Adaptive terminal sliding mode tracking control for rigid robotic manipulators with uncertain dynamics. JSME International Journal, Series C, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 493–502, 1997.Google Scholar
- X. H. Yu, Z. H. Man. On finite time mechanism: Terminal sliding modes. In Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Variable Structure Systems, IEEE, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 164–167, 1996.Google Scholar
- M. B. R. Neila, D. Tarak. Terminal sliding mode control for robotic manipulators with uncertain dynamics and bounded disturbance. In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques, pp. 1641–1652, 2009.Google Scholar