The knee joint design and control of above-knee intelligent bionic leg based on magneto-rheological damper
- First Online:
- 340 Downloads
The above-knee intelligent bionic leg is very helpful to amputees in the area of rehabilitation medicine. This paper first introduces the functional demand of the above-knee prosthesis design. Then, the advantages of the four-bar link mechanism and the magneto-rheological (MR) damper are analyzed in detail. The fixed position of the MR damper is optimized and a virtual prototype of knee joint is given. In the end, the system model of kinematics, dynamics, and controller are given and a control experiment is performed. The control experiment indicates that the intelligent bionic leg with multi-axis knee is able to realize gait tracking of the amputee’s healthy leg based on semi-active control of the MR damper.
KeywordsKnee joint above-knee intelligent bionic leg magneto-rheological damper
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. C. Wang, D. W. Jin. Research and development of bionic and intelligent limb prosthesis. China Medical Devices Information, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 3–5, 2009. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- J. H. Kim, J. H. Oh. Development of an above knee prosthesis using MR damper. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation, IEEE, Seoul, Korea, pp. 3686–3691, 2001.Google Scholar
- G. Z. Tan, L. M. Wu. Progress and development trend towards study of artificial legs (prosthesis) in foreign countries and China. Robot, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 91–96, 2001. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- D. W. Jin, R. C. Wang, C. Q. Bai, C. H. Huang, J. C. Zhang. Swing phase control of intelligent lower limb prosthesis using electrorheological fluid. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology), vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 40–43, 1998. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- C. Gao, B. R. Wang, H. L. Xie, X. H. Xu. Design and control of bionic limb of biped robot with heterogeneous legs. Journal of Northeastern University (Natural Science), vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1030–1033, 2004. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- H. L. Xie, B. R. Wang, D. H. Cong, X. H. Xu. Structure modeling and iterative learning control simulation of biped robot with heterogeneous legs. Journal of System Simulation, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 3234–3262, 2006. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- H. N. Li, H. Yang, X. L. Li. Advance of research on parameterized dynamic models of magnetorheological dampers. Journal of Dalian University of Technology, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 616–624, 2004. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Z. D. Xu, Y. P. Shen. Calculating models and simulation analysis about magnetorheological damper. Building Structure, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 68–69, 2003. (in Chinese)Google Scholar